Joyrex

Is it stupid to buy vinylz if I don't have a record player right now but plan to get one in about 4 years time when I can afford a house/man cave? sun&rahb pls.

I'm going through the exact same struggle this morning.  It seems like a dumb purchase since I don't have a player (yet), but I want them and I literally want to throw my money at them.  Hard.  I want to hurl cash into their faces.  

Is it stupid to buy vinylz if I don't have a record player right now but plan to get one in about 4 years time when I can afford a house/man cave? sun&rahb pls.

I'm going through the exact same struggle this morning. It seems like a dumb purchase since I don't have a player (yet), but I want them and I literally want to throw my money at them. Hard. I want to hurl cash into their faces.

I bought em as collector's items (silly, right?) I still have unopened Exai and L-Event vinyl lol

I just need to know how long I can leave this before putting my order in. I could really do with waiting until next payday which is 3 weeks away.

I guess it will be up to at least the last session is aired and probably some more. So you should be fine.

I just need to know how long I can leave this before putting my order in. I could really do with waiting until next payday which is 3 weeks away.

I am waiting until the end of the month myself.

I don’t want to assume that this is definitely the process that Warp are going forward with, but for a project of this scale (12 LPs as one box-set or four separate 3xLP sets) it would be a wise decision to take pre-orders first in order to better determine how many copies should be pressed, and then go forward with the pressing of the records/CDs and the manufacturing of the sleeves/packaging.

I wouldn’t build up too much FOMO, as I am sure that all who want it will be able to secure a copy.

Edited by Hexahedral

I don’t want to assume that this is definitely the process that Warp are going forward with, but for a project of this scale (12 LPs as one box-set or four separate 3xLP sets) it would be a wise decision to take pre-orders first in order to better determine how many copies should be pressed, and then go forward with the pressing of the records/CDs and the manufacturing of the sleeves/packaging.

I wouldn’t build up too much FOMO, as I am sure that all who want it will be able to secure a copy.

This is exactly how the did the Warp20 box set - put it up for preorder and publicly said that they were manufacturing them based on demand. In the end, there were 5000 pressings made.

so glad bleep upped their game w/the servers. my download took just a couple minutes for the 24 bit wav and Mp3. 

stoked for 8 fucking hours of autechre.  vinyl ordered.  credit card in flames. 

It feels like a ridiculous amount of money to spend all at once, but $160 for 12 records including 8 hours of music by Autechre seems quite reasonable. I should have waited to order one when i get paid but i am an idiot. The CD's for $50 is a steal. I almost went that route but knew i'd regret it one day.

I'm facing the same dilemma haha. That would explain the 3-months-later shipment as well. But I don't know I would just be so sad if it just sold out within a few days !

If there's a download card with the vinyl boxset, then it's up for grabs because I have the downloads on my Bleep account anyway.

PM me etc.

Yeah, same here.....if there are download codes with the physical product, anyone who wants them get in touch.

I sure hope you are right.

Well this is all the motivation I need to finally get a bunch of gear I don't need onto eBay.

I have a feeling if it was that limited it'd say on the page. I'm getting £££ next week so I'll have to hold out until then. That money was going on the new Nurse With Wound 2CD reissue that I've been waiting desperately for though agh.

:cry: love autechre, but hate gratuitous box sets. where i live now, the box set at that price is 80% of a months rent, not even with shipping costs, making it a total nonstarter.

/sadcomplaining

Use the program soulseek to download it or give me your email adress. I think the prices are quite high considering that they have an international audience and money isn't worth same in different countries.

But what lovely news still. I wanna make love to those guys and I wish them eternal wealth