Joyrex

(downloading the 24bit files, yay ! Listening to Dublin as I type, 48 minutes in, fantastic sonic universe(s) unfolding)

Edited by Nil
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, thumbass said:
36 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Still don't get why it isn't 24-bit FLAC

I still don't get why people care so much about sound formats

Because of file size and sound quality. Not gonna claim I hear a difference between 16 bit and 24 bit. Just seems odd to me that 16 bit lossless is in FLAC and 24 bit lossless is in WAV :shrug: But as long as you store them cold and dry you should be fine I guess

1 hour ago, Wurstwasser said:

A kinda obsolete question because you are free to encode from wav to whatever your target device desires. E.g. with foobar2000/lame encoder (and all state-of-the-art encoders at rarewares.org).

EDIT: Oh, I read you are at home in some other century, burning CDs ?

Good point on the encoding I guess.

Yeah my car is pretty old, with a built in CD player. I'm holding on to it until it eventually dies.  I use it for commutes to and from work, 20 ish minutes each way and I would rather listen to autechre than local FM radio!

I've got about 100 blank CDRs sat in a drawer at work so doesn't cost me anything ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

I think it has been too long since this discussion was had on watmm

31 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Because of file size and sound quality. Not gonna claim I hear a difference between 16 bit and 24 bit. Just seems odd to me that 16 bit lossless is in FLAC and 24 bit lossless is in WAV :shrug: But as long as you store them cold and dry you should be fine I guess

i dont even hear a difference between flac and mp3 and i have tried many a times lol

Me neither, lol, at least not consciously. Though if you subtract the waveform of the MP3 from the waveform of the FLAC and listen to the difference you can actually hear the artifacts. Though I agree that there is no reason why somebody sane should do this

• Like 1

Nicceee... just randomly chose Oslo and this is some sliiickkkkk sound

I didn't listen to any of the bootlegs and I missed the RFH London show (gave my ticket away last minute, to MDM_Chaos I think?).... so this is all fresh to my ears

Edited by Soloman Tump

40 minutes ago, bendish said:

i'M OUT OF THE LOOP....

Too much ae...

What is this new one? I thought live sets had been out for ages

im gonna b honest I barely kept up w elseq when that happened, when im gonna have enough time to consume all of the ae idk

41 minutes ago, bendish said:

i'M OUT OF THE LOOP....

Too much ae...

What is this new one? I thought live sets had been out for ages

these are some of the live sets from 2016/2018 wich hadnt been released yet

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

Still don't get why it isn't 24-bit FLAC

Well if it makes you feel better you could convert the wavs to flac without loss. But as a distributor I'd also offer best available quality in a decent file format (flac, because metadata and most people would be able to handle the format) plus some lossy format like mp3 @ v0 or cbr320 for the people who cannot convert themselves, like Apple users, or people who want to save some bucks.

Hell yeah that synth arpeggio track halfway through Nijmegen is the grooviest Ae I've heard in a while.

Can't wait to discover the other sets !! :music: Thank you a billion times Serguei and Romuald

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stock said:

Hell yeah that synth arpeggio track halfway through Nijmegen is the grooviest Ae I've heard in a while.

You mean 29:30? Yeah, it's also good in Oslo, 33:00 the rhythms we like ?.

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

I'm gonna wait till yo guys tell me what the best one is and buy that. Can't wait to ear onesix

yo, honestly imo there's no way around picking at least one for each year. the 18 sets actually have less parts, ending with the organ bit that occurs only about 3/4 in the onesix ones, but said parts are far more fleshed out / refined and held together by more groove, making for quite a different feel overall. get dublin from 18 and any other from 16 rly, picking one more is super cheap anyway.

Interestingly they're mastered to 0.0db maximum peak amplitude instead of -0.xdb. So if you convert to MP3 you should bring it down by ~0.3 before conversion to prevent MP3 artifacts from causing clipping, I guess (is this even still an issue?)

Edited by darreichungsform

By some miracle I managed to download all 7 zips with "Zero KB free space" on my HD by the end.  If any one of the files was 1KB bigger they would not have all fit.  That's one hella impressive fluke.  Of course, now there's the dilemma of not being able to unzip them due to the no space situation.  Ah well, more IDM this way.  Downloading music and being unable to listen to it.

• Haha 3
  • Burger 2

23 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Interestingly they're mastered to 0.0db maximum peak amplitude instead of -0.xdb. So if you convert to MP3 you should bring it down by ~0.3 before conversion to prevent MP3 artifacts from causing clipping, I guess (is this even still an issue?)

there is nothing interesting about this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1