V nice. Dat Bass.

thx autechreses bros.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I've only heard Oslo so far. 

V nice. Dat Bass.

thx autechreses bros.

so far Ive found that one to be the most mellow but havent done them all yet. I love how much more varied these are than the previous sets were

14 minutes ago, jules said:

so far Ive found that one to be the most mellow but havent done them all yet. I love how much more varied these are than the previous sets were

I think this round of sets was probably more carefully curated to that end. I think it's a good approach! 

The 2015 round of sets is great but it's just a lot of material...

• Like 1

So, TALLINN is my fave so far.

• Like 1

Nijmegen and Dublin for me so far. Both are quite different but just brilliant stuff. They are so immersive yet soothing in a very strange way. Such a welcome distraction to the current state of the world. I’m not sure I’ve ever appreciated their music more right now and that is saying a lot considering how long I’ve been a fan. 

• Like 2

Yeah is so strange how the sets are kinda relaxing and groovey at the same time as being proper sinster and intense.. going to be so much to explore in these fuckers looking forward to spending some serious time with them, making lockdown much more bearable!

• Like 1

dublin: 1:11:09 >>> 1:14:30

melburne 38 : 11 those flute melodies as the beat takes shape

:catghost:

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 6:49 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Dat Bass.

lol I was just listening to Dublin and I was like wow, that's some bass, I need to shitpost in the chat about it. then I realized I wasn't in mixlr anymore.

• Haha 2

Listened to Tallinn this morning while I was walking in the nature, was pretty lush !

• Like 1

They all sound like good places too, apart from Dublin which is a shithole.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

They all sound like good places too, apart from Dublin which is a shithole.

It was good but destroyed by vulture funds, sadly.

Posted (edited)

The ending of the 2016 batch is among their best work, the last 6 minutes , it’s like you get out of the darkness, back to the light , with a triumphant climax, but the music stay peaceful and quiet... powerful stuff. 

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 3

lol wtf is that elephant sound at the end of Melbourne ?

Are you talking about the screaming to a halt sound in the last twenty seconds? That part on speakers always alarms me then everything dies mouse quiet. I've come to brace for it even more than the organ. It is as if the music starts to get eaten up into an indecipherable wave of static and cries out in anguish.

Further to the above, on NTS2, you have that almost darkwave progression of xflood and then 2 songs later the elephunk early on in dummy casual. 7hres also was progressively chaos-squishy. A lot of NTS Sessions tracks seem to be adjacently related. I remember riding my bike one day in release week and that violvoic-e0 section all seemed to mesh. Those parent jams are felt a bit, and you can feel that connection in the 16/18 sets as well.

9 minutes ago, Roo said:

Are you talking about the screaming to a halt sound in the last twenty seconds? That part on speakers always alarms me then everything dies mouse quiet. I've come to brace for it even more than the organ. It is as if the music starts to get eaten up into an indecipherable wave of static and cries out in anguish.

Yes that’s just before the end of the set.

I guess with the late organ and the high energy last few minutes, the end is more of a crunch than a fade.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:15 PM, o00o said:

my ex-girlfriend and a very good friend that died recently was with me on these concerts. can't really enjoy listening to these even if they are the best live gig I have seen by AE so far

wow just came back and saw 14 reactions on my post. thank you guys. 

• Like 4

The juxtaposition of the above two posts is image.png.63d2e8043725a605b3d9ce60917fdd41.png

• Thanks 1