Joyrex

Fudoshin bumping this thread was a disgrace and an embarrassment, the latest in a long line of faux pas moments. He just doesn't think sometimes and gets lost in the moment like a giddy 60year old child and that's when he makes serious errors of judgement. He's being doing it for decades.

• Haha 1

I hope those reissues of Confield and Draft 7.30 are remastered. Can't honestly imagine why they wouldn't be.

13 minutes ago, splesh said:

I hope those reissues of Confield and Draft 7.30 are remastered. Can't honestly imagine why they wouldn't be.

i've never had any issues w/the mastering of those either digital or vinyl.  always thought they sound great. 

do people not like the way they sound? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

i've never had any issues w/the mastering of those either digital or vinyl.  always thought they sound great. 

do people not like the way they sound? 

No, but new reissues of music that's about twenty years old is a good occasion for a remaster job

• Big Brain 1

30 minutes ago, splesh said:

No, but new reissues of music that's about twenty years old is a good occasion for a remaster job

i don't think any of the other re-pressings were remastered were they?

sounds like autechre are hands off on it and always say something like "i don't know.. ask warp" when people ask about reissues.  sounds like the masters are in warps hands and just waiting for new pressings when they think it's time. 

i can't remember who mastered confield and Draft.. [goes to look] - Noel Summerville.. who is same dude they use now right?  probably won't be remastered. perhaps the pressing will be different or perhaps new mothers will need to be made or some part of the vinyl making process could be different but i'd be surprised if it doesn't end up sounding the same as the OGs

probably, if a remastering was planned, it would have been advertised, it would not be a detail on the promotional plan.
In the case of the two-piece vinyl press for touched, for example, it was a highlight (they actually sounded way better than the original).
It seems that the intention of these warp reprints is a faithful replica of what the things were then

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Draft78 said:

...I may have been fooled by excessive compression? I'll have to make a more careful comparison

Yes! It’s over compressed and sounding too aggressive imo

Just want to shout out that AE_LIVE sets seem utterly underrated in the musicsphere. I love all the different versions and enjoy the different moods and tweaks. They should be treated as proper "album" releases by the press, online reviewers etc in my opinion yet they're simply not talked about - the tracks, the moods, the production, the recording, the setting, the place in the larger catalog etc.

I'd LOVE a vinyl release of , say NAGANO... how amazing would that be?

Here's to the recent sets getting the same treatment!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I contacted support on their site as I wasn’t able to download the 2016/2018 sets any more and got this response: 

We're sorry that your download isn't working for you. 

We aim to keep all purchases available to download from the music section of your account and this is possible for the majority of releases on Bleep. 

However, unfortunately this is not a service we are able to guarantee as In certain cases, releases have to be taken down due to requests by the label or distributor or changes in licensing agreements. 

Whilst we'd love to keep the download active, this is beyond our control and we apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.

We'd always recommend downloading music at the time of purchase and backing up your library.

Please let us know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone else having this issue with their downloads too? I’m hoping they will be restored at some point. I’d figured they would always be available. 

I got a similar response when I got locked out of my main Bleep account (warpstore credentials are a mess). The response was essentially "tough luck, we can't help you" and "we recommend you download your purchases straight away, back them up and don't rely on us to be keeping them online", which was a bit surprising.

I also cannot download anything from onesix/2018. The 2015 AE_LIVE stuff seems to be fine, however. I doubt licensing will change, and c'mon aren't Ae one of Warp's best selling/legacy artists/sure thing keeping them economically viable? Bummer doesn't begin to cover it. That collection of concert downloads wasn't exactly, cheap either. How does it fall on us? What an antisocial thing to say on their part

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

onesix has gone away. it's still there in my account but has "0 tracks" and download fails. weird. 

This is exactly what happens to me

coincidentally just last night I tried to download onesix (Dublin) because the files are saved in a HD that I don't have at hand. Nothing to do, they are not available. So, even though I bought them, I had to download from soulseek. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

RE: Blerped up downloads. There is a "black hole" from 2005 in my download collection. I needed to know what they were due to an HD failure but they gave me the similar line about the AE store ("sorry, back up your stuff"). To their credit, they did say "name an album you'd like and we'll give it you on the house for your troubles". That was pretty dope of them but I save all receipts, keep a spreadsheet of purchases and back up in triplicate these days. Itunes has never missed a beat on my purchases and Bandcamp seems pretty good so far but when it comes to multiple decades of digital purchases, we'll see who can deliver. Blerp would be the one to trust the least despite how happy they've made me across the years.