IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

MIke Judge is one of those people I could listen to all day but has been rather low-key career wise. I think I've mined YT for every interview with him. It's ironic how the more insightful people are often the more modest and reserve and the ones with next to nothing to say seem to talk the most.

• Like 1

this has probably been posted in here before

not seen this one, incredible stuff

I managed to sing an overtone note once on accident, as much I've listened to Tuvan throat singing it still perplexes me

there's an overtone singing tradition in South Africa within the Xhosa community, some is vocal only and other examples are based around the overtones made when coupled with a Uhadi musical bow

I managed to sing an overtone note once on accident, as much I've listened to Tuvan throat singing it still perplexes me

there's an overtone singing tradition in South Africa within the Xhosa community, some is vocal only and other examples are based around the overtones made when coupled with a Uhadi musical bow

i learned how to do kargyraa in 2006. haven't practiced much in the past 10 years at all.

Edited by sheathe

i learned how to do kargyraa in 2006. haven't practiced much in the past 10 years at all.

^nice! I imagine you'd sorta remember at least the basics even after 10 years tho, yeah sheathe?

josh: accidentally? ha, maybe it's a sign and you should really try to learn it. just looked up some uhadi/umrhube stuff and it's got such a haunting sound. 

Every now and then a recording client will sing one syllable that has some crazy harmonic on it.  It's very rare and always accidental, but it happens.  And then I usually listen back to it on loop until the novelty wears off.  But yeah, controlled overtone singing is amazing.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova