IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

7 hours ago, xxx said:

Danny Elfman as RDJ aesthetic inspiration

1. The "angry grin" 

2. 0:42 little people approaching him (Come to Daddy)

3. 1:33 legs and pillows (pom pom scene in Windowlicker)

20 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Have you ever seen The Forbidden Zone? Probly the craziest thing Oingo Boingo ever did, very surreal, and the carnival music song structure reminds me of what Elfman is currently doing with his solo project:

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/forbidden-zone-is-the-most-colorful-black-and-white-movie-ever-made/?amp

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0080752/

Never heard of it but did some YouTube clips and it is 100% up my alley lol

• Like 1

I loved this when I was younger, but I haven’t seen it in years. My buddy used to own it on vhs. Honestly I was thinking of FSOL and the footage of them in this while reading the Dead Cities related mixes thread. Also I could have posted this in favorite documentaries, but seriously check this out. It’s worth it for the FSOL part alone, and the soundtrack. Anything that has LFO and Autechre in the first 5 minutes should be cool.

I know this isn’t really a “YouTube” video, but it’s the only way I have been able to watch it recently. It doesn’t really fit in with the thread, but I was torn between where to post it!

Edited by Himelstein
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

I loved this when I was younger, but I haven’t seen it in years. My buddy used to own it on vhs. Honestly I was thinking of FSOL and the footage of them in this while reading the Dead Cities related mixes thread. Also I could have posted this in favorite documentaries, but seriously check this out. It’s worth it for the FSOL part alone, and the soundtrack 

sean picks nose. classic. the squarepusher bit always struck me as funny/charming.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ignatius said:

sean picks nose. classic. the squarepusher bit always struck me as funny/charming.

Yeah, that stuff, I wasn’t sure if any of that had been gone over here before! I did search the forum for “modulations documentary” and came up with nothing.

Same on the squarepusher scene.

I met squarepusher and had a beer with him at that show in Chicago 02 or 03 with Luke Vibert and uziq(the other night). I mentioned modulations and that scene. I told him I used a Yamaha vss also and he got all excited about it and was really into talking about gear and whatnot, how he liked to EQ shitty Casio/Yamahas and his technique, he was really cool.

• Like 2