IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

On 5/12/2021 at 9:03 AM, Rubin Farr said:

i've watched the rose anvil (+ other) videos comparing DM with solovair. DM were originally labelled 'made by solovair', and they have the same look. solovair are all made by hand in england, to a higher spec. i'd have recommended them, but despite them having better calf support (so they don't wear the sole as quickly as DM) the only pair i was willing to buy split (both boots, same place) and i didn't notice until they'd returned from resoling where solovair recommended to send them. best they offered me was a 50% off code, with no expiry, which i still have. in general, there are loads of great boot makers across the world, but you'd be looking at at very least £200 (with resoling cost £60 mark; can be done a couple of times) and more typically £400+ for something goodyear / storm welted with a hefty dainite / vibram / commando sole on them. i like trickers, cheaney - eye out for deals until i buy some.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, logboy said:

i've watched the rose anvil (+ other) videos comparing DM with solovair. DM were originally labelled 'made by solovair', and they have the same look. solovair are all made by hand in england, to a higher spec. i'd have recommended them, but despite them having better calf support (so they don't wear the sole as quickly as DM) the only pair i was willing to buy split (both boots, same place) and i didn't notice until they'd returned from resoling where solovair recommended to send them. best they offered me was a 50% off code, with no expiry, which i still have. in general, there are loads of great boot makers across the world, but you'd be looking at at very least £200 (with resoling cost £60 mark; can be done a couple of times) and more typically £400+ for something goodyear / storm welted with a hefty dainite / vibram / commando sole on them. i like trickers, cheaney - eye out for deals until i buy some.

Sounds like bad luck. I've had a pair of Solovair monkey boots for 10 years and they're still going strong. Build quality is orders of magnitude better than DMs.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, Brian Dance said:

Sounds like bad luck. I've had a pair of Solovair monkey boots for 10 years and they're still going strong. Build quality is orders of magnitude better than DMs.

same place for a split in both of the boots, one side slightly worse than the other. solovair said leather can show natural flaws with age. given boots are (were) NOS when i bought them, and looking at the steel toe in them (very firm, causing bunching or creasing) i'd say design flaw from the time. i'd still not risk another of there's at 50% right now. i have two pairs of sanders boots, which is another step up for me. not yet found £400 (circa, typical price) on offer i want.

21 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

That’s fucking awesome, I can’t believe I never saw this.

It also makes me want to film shit at the conservatory here, and make a track for it.