IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

even chappelle can't make snl funny

so that Chappelle show was the first SNL I've ever watched, just last night. the comedy is... terrible! ffs. but in a charming kinda way? I guess that's the SNL charm? I don't fucking know.

I can see why SNL is an institution though, watching it made me feel all cozy and cuddly about America, and I ain't even Amreekans.

Classic era SNL our parents laud is seen through rose-tinted glasses, the present day folks who casually remark "it sucks" don't actually watch it. I heard a former SNL writer mention that during his tenure he thought every episode was a C- to C+ on average: one great skit, one shitty one, and a bunch of mediocre ones.

I've always liked the absurdist skits or the ones self-aware of how stupid they are. Sometimes a host like Louie CK can really play up those sketches. A lot of late 90s/early 00's Conan O'Brien was that way as well and many were former or future SNL writers. The clever angle rarely works outside of Weekend Update IMO and those are often the sketches that fall apart.

snl is so bad, it always has been, and everyone who has ever been associated with it in any way apart from lorne admits this publicly and often.

really? i like the early years stuff, classic comedians then

Because American men can't do anything without a TV playing football shoved in their face

Yeah you fucking hippie, get a haircut!

Is that for real?

Lol, did they blow all their money on the first two commercials? 

^sneks r so cutez :P

It's fun seeing what kids immediately dance to. My kid is not even a year and a half and he's already dancing and moving whenever he hears a song he likes. He loves playing with the tuner on our stereo receiver. 

Edited by joshuatx