Joyrex

Favourite YouTube Videos

lol

utopian political ideas are the problem in the first place. also Marx wouldn't have had a problem with how the soviet union started out under Lenin, he thought a 'dictatorship of the proletariat' was a necessary transitionary stage, what he didn't realise was that it could be the only stage before the whole thing collapses.

Marx was wrong about a lot of things. The whole idea of societies only transforming in sudden steps (revolutions) is absurd because the only irreversible societal transitions  in history have so far only happened through gradual technological progress. He although was completely right with his analysis of the capitalism of his time, thoughts that were the basis to progressions like the modern social state. Leninism managed to pervert the idea of workers owning the means of production into the idea of a united workforce under the obedience a central leader or party which basically defies the original intend of a fairer distribution of power. The term ultimately became a synonym for powers like the Soviet Union by both blocks' agreement. That makes it very hard to discuss it

Edited by Guest

been researching new jack swing recently...ntrstng watch..

New jack Swing is the biggest genre that no one ever talks about.  It dominated late 80's/early 90's pop music.

I had a friend who wouldn't shut up about it. it was his eternal favourite to talk about.

eat your heart out squarepusher! jk

EDIT: apologies. Owl of Minerva already posted this vid like three years ago. Shoulda searched first. Owl of Minerva, why u always b flyin' at midnight! Gah!

Edited by Guest

One of my all-time favorite scenes in a film. Everything about it is perfect. I am amazed Eisenstein got to finish/release Pt. 2 after this (it's not the most subtle analogy to Stalin at the time).

EDIT: apologies. Owl of Minerva already posted this vid like three years ago. Shoulda searched first. Owl of Minerva, why u always b flyin' at midnight! Gah!

Edited by MIXL2

tumblr_mkxzfcuaqi1qfhjmro1_500.gif

thanks! never heard this before. Only place I could find the record it's on is bleep store. Looking forward to pay day gettin' dem flacs!

thanks! never heard this before. Only place I could find the record it's on is bleep store. Looking forward to pay day gettin' dem flacs!

woot..+ 2€ for FLAC option..those bleepy bastards