IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

35 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

meta cringe.  wait, are we somehow complicit in the cringe now?

react videos used to be better. more musical

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:37 PM, Dragon said:

there's a segment in Disney's Fantasia (1940) with a very similar sequence to this - talking to "the soundtrack" with a vertical line, asking it to do things like a person. so i guess Walt Disney ripped this off? a NFBC film no less?

Kinda hard for a 1940 film to rip off a 1951 film :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasia_(1940_film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_sound

The first practical sound-on-film systems were created almost simultaneously in the USSR, USA and Germany. 

In the 1950s, National Film Board of Canada animators Norman McLaren and Evelyn Lambart, and film composer Maurice Blackburn, began their own experiments with graphical sound, adapting the techniques of Pfenninger and Russian artist Nikolai Voinov.[2] McLaren created a short 1951 film Pen Point Percussion, demonstrating his work.[3] The next year, McLaren completed his most acclaimed work, his Academy Award-winning anti-war film Neighbours, which combined stop-motion pixilation with a graphical soundtrack. Blinkity Blank is a 1955 animated short film by Norman McLaren, engraved directly onto black film leader, combining improvisational jazz along with graphical sounds. In 1971, McLaren created his final graphical sound film Synchromy.

Edited by eye
  • Big Brain 1

On Max Headroom: The Most Misunderstood Joke on TV

The observations and analysis in this video are so astute that one of the original creators of Max Headroom, Annabel Jankel, commented "Thank you for understanding. Excellent observation. Bullseye."

I used to be so into Max Headroom when I was young that nowadays whenever I see Matt Frewer anywhere else, I always say "that's Max Headroom" out loud. It's a very, VERY rare occasion when someone knows what I'm talking about. And yeah, I know about the signal hijacking event of 1987, there's a topic on it here on WATMM as well.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

I’m neither based nor redpilled, but this madcap asshole still brings a level of humor and A+ editing skills that none of his “peers” will ever match. I totally get why Joe Rogan ducked the fight all those years too (RIP Joe). 

• Like 2