IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

13 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

lovely dissection of the original 1984 transformers theme

i wonder if it's a tape edit.

"it's too long need to cut the end"  

- "but if i cut the end it'll sound weird.. i'll cut some out of the middle."  and maybe those weird shifts are where the edits happened? idk. 

anyway.. i love the riff/beat in the carwash. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

i wonder if it's a tape edit.

apparently not:

dtmi5C4.pngVzaLqtf.png

that's right, i hid their names because this is sensible information lol. i couldn't find the comment in question though. 

btw, the progression he breaks down is called the circle progression, or the circle of 5ths progression. i've never heard anyone call it the key circle. and the tune never departs from the key of A minor (aside from the brief excursion into A phrygian at the beginning), so mentioning that E7 is a secondary dominant in the key of C major was unnecessary. i get that he chose to mention that the progression starts with a ii-V-I in C major so that a beginner would better understand how these chord changes work. but doing so only makes things more confusing imo. each chord needs to be analyzed in relation to the home key, so these 3 chords are actually iv-bVII-bIII in A minor. 

in short, he uses weird - and maybe even wrong - terminology at times, and he could have done a better job at explaining how the progression works imo - even to an audience of beginners. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

apparently not:

dtmi5C4.pngVzaLqtf.png

that's right, i hid their names because this is sensible information lol. i couldn't find the comment in question though. 

btw, the progression he breaks down is called the circle progression, or the circle of 5ths progression. i've never heard anyone call it the key circle. and the tune never departs from the key of A minor (aside from the brief excursion into A phrygian at the beginning), so mentioning that E7 is a secondary dominant in the key of C major was unnecessary. i get that he chose to mention that the progression starts with a ii-V-I in C major so that a beginner would better understand how these chord changes work. but doing so only makes things more confusing imo. each chord needs to be analyzed in relation to the home key, so these 3 chords are actually iv-bVII-bIII in A minor. 

in short, he uses weird - and maybe even wrong - terminology at times, and he could have done a better job at explaining how the progression works imo - even to an audience of beginners. 

Amazing

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 5:58 AM, thefxbip said:

Wow Orson Welles last role was in Transformers????

Yeah, I think he died 5 days after doing the final lines.

Amazing poo poo future based physics

Edited by Silent Member

On 6/20/2022 at 3:51 AM, brian trageskin said:

btw, the progression he breaks down is called the circle progression, or the circle of 5ths progression. i've never heard anyone call it the key circle.

actually, he's not using the term key circle to refer to the circle progression, my mistake. i should have paid more attention. he says "so we go for a ride around the key circle there", then he says "so we go right around the key circle... almost perfectly, because the true key circle would go there instead" while demonstrating what the "true" key circle is, i.e. the chromatic circle of 5ths - while the circle progression uses the circle diatonically, hence why it's also called the diatonic circle of 5ths. still, i've never heard the term key circle before.