IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

WeAreOceans

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isn't the chatmm cover itself a ripoff of old record covers...?

It's more a rip off of old science text books the covers of science journals and academic things of the 50s and 60s. That said, the chatmm cover/s is/are superior.

Guest bitroast

oh man. SUPER glad to hear a "live" recorded album is coming out. always wanted to hear more of what **that** setup can do in a 1take scenario :):)

awesome video too. fuuuuuucking. awesome.

Artwork is clearly a rip-off of the latest chatmm compilation

T0vtLQg.jpg

clearly !! :cisfor:

lol

That sounds amazing. I was a little afraid at first because I thought it would either be drone/noise music or ambient synth tracks but the track in the video just blew me away !!!

What a waste of potential with such boring and cheesy sounds.

I would expect a more adventurous approach from VS. I am surprised to see people are still interested in this.

Why is it that producers with modulars aren't usually able to come up with something more sonically interesting?

The music itself is super-uninteresting too.

EDIT: This was a reaction on the youtube clip. Have not heard the rest.

I'm digging that cover art. Reminds me a bit of Selection Sixteen.

Also happy to see "Decembers" getting released. It's one of the tracks he posted on facebook some time ago

under the name "Mankato Acid" or something. Hoping to see another version on the bonus cd.

I would expect a more adventurous approach from VS. I am surprised to see people are still interested in this.

Why is it that producers with modulars aren't usually able to come up with something more sonically interesting?

*prints post and puts into the big book of opinions i don't agree with*

Hey Jev, unrelated question: since when did you starts identifying yourself as a female? Whatever it says, you'll always be a "male" in my mind though. But I'll stop being sexist now. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71cY9Ysy5U

*prints post and puts into the big book of opinions i don't agree with*

Hey Jev, unrelated question: since when did you starts identifying yourself as a female? Whatever it says, you'll always be a "male" in my mind though. But I'll stop being sexist now. XD

Since my sex change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71cY9Ysy5U

:-*

i agree with the bland sonic textures thing, amongst the content produced by those that have bought into this modular fad. It's reaaallly obvious and not something to put n a list. A modular system isn't a magic wand that is going to improve your sound picking and morphing skills people, if anything the painful fucking around of it all will further divorce you from the chance to. But these people hear something acidee with shifting rez and cut and think that they're analard. lol, maybe analord was a dirty pun, probably we've thought that before, so whatever. heh.

On top of that general comment, vsnares specifically doesn't seem to be intrested in the lush end of the sound spectrum and, to my tastes at least is arbitrary in his choice of stabs and pads, they're just a functional counterpoint to the super detailed rest of the production. So I haven't been shocked in being underwhelmed by his modular efforts. It is a bit depressing that this is all people have ended up doing with the thousands of dollars worth of kit though, but whatever, heh.

eneewae, despite all of that, I look forward to checking out what he's made, but I won't be buying it, I mean blasphemy of blasphemies, I didn't like most of analord, and there had actually been some knob twiddling going on so there you go. As they say in canadiastan, Sorry.

I still don't understand why you are around these parts sometimes delet..

You don't seem to like any electronic music.

Isn't there a garth brooks forum somewhere or something?

With love of course.

Checks Jev's Soundcloud***

wait a second

Checks Jev's modular amazing super interesting album**

oh fuck there isn't one of those either!

And?

I still don't understand why you are around these parts sometimes delet..

You don't seem to like any electronic music.

Isn't there a garth brooks forum somewhere or something?

With love of course.

You know that isn't true, so I'll chalk up your comment to cheek. [-;

"You don't like pink slime, that must mean you hate all America food, I tells ya, by golly".

Archived