IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

WeAreOceans

Checks Jev's Soundcloud***

wait a second

Checks Jev's modular amazing super interesting album**

oh fuck there isn't one of those either!

And?

And fuck off? You seem to troll almost every thread telling us how bland and boring everything is.

Yeah I hate on OPN and Rustie quite a bit but you almost seem to be non-stop.

Too many nulls in your head me-thinks.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a bit depressing that this is all people have ended up doing with the thousands of dollars worth of kit though, but whatever, heh.

Exactly.

wait a second

And?

And fuck off? You seem to troll almost every thread telling us how bland and boring everything is.

Wow.

A pretty mature reaction, mate.

I didn't know sincere opinions were prohibited in this thread.

I still don't understand why you are around these parts sometimes delet..

You don't seem to like any electronic music.

Isn't there a garth brooks forum somewhere or something?

With love of course.

You know that isn't true, so I'll chalk up your comment to cheek. [-;

"You don't like pink slime, that must mean you hate all America food, I tells ya, by golly".

Also, correct your post to delet... doesn't like most music/visual art/literature/people. Heheh

wait a second

And?

Wow.

A pretty mature reaction, mate.

I didn't know sincere opinions were prohibited in this thread.

Despite the speed bump, lets at least try and keep this on topic. There's no point in giving in the pointless circular debate /Jev or name calling, /looking at Steve, or nihilism /come on dleet.

it's interesting to me as far as like all that thing happening is self-contained in the modular and stuff, as opposed to sampling stuf in renoise or whatever sort of post production. That's what I try to do 99% of the time in software. Only album of mine that's mostly self-sampling is Diaper of the Dead EP

wait a second

And?

And fuck off?

:biggrin:

Reminded me of TPB

Modulars seem a big pain to do patches, you have to route this to that, then you forgot what you did, then you ran out of patch cables/routing options, then you spend more time trying to figure out how to do exactly what you want, then that little voice in your head keeps telling that you really need that module for things to work, then after all that effort it sounds only interesting to other modular enthusiasts. To me, from an outsider it seems they lose all their initial drive and ideas right at the start when making these elaborate patches.

It sounds just like his other recent stuff, if the gimmick is that it all the sounds came from modular synths and other synthesizers it's not that special in the end. Would rather prefer if he did a more straight album from a composition point of view.

Guest bitroast

i dont see the main appeal as it being modular so much as it's the tracks being played and recorded "live".

going down the gear route and getting a good set up going where you can play a track live without having to edit and multitrack is a pretty sweet deal.

always got the impression there was heavy amount of editing and cleaning up going into vsnares output so i've always been interested in what the pre-edit jams sound like (this applies to alot of electronic artists i'm interested in!!).

the music might be more simple and boring but that comes with the reality of what you're listening to.

Archived