IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

WeAreOceans

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this thread is like stumbling through a time capsule of shitposting.

Samples are very Vsnares, regardless of how it was made. Reminds me a lot of "Fool the Detector" in sound, judging from that.

You don't get no FLACs from Mu though.

Presuming you do from Bandcamp then. Boner(us)

And if they're uploaded right, you might get 24bit flacs too. Plus the ability to redownload infinitely instead of 3 times is appealing.

Guest Chesney

Well, I like the music and I love/admire the effort of the whole thing. It sound like a great release.

I am not sold on the whole modular thing though even as a gear junkie. This music does not need the modular and the modular brings nothing to the table but the key is that he's having fun and doing it because he can. It's rare you hear anything interesting coming from a modular setup as most people just get carried away with making slightly stranger noises than you get from a hardwired synth, and that's the users fault not the modules.

To be honest, I bet VS made these tracks as he normally does, maybe they are written pre to the modular idea and he just swaps the signals to send to the modular, Instant track. Then the real fun is recreating or remaking the song with the modules.

All in all, I don't care that much apart from the music is real good and he put some fun and effort into making it. Props.

What happens when Venetian Snares tries to do traditional synthesizer music? He doesn't even try. What, why, he should have because of the title? What are you, a retro moron? Asking yourself questions to ridicule someone, really? Fuck you.

That said, the excerpts is nicer sounding than his usual bravado, i enjoy Decembers in particular.

More negative comments. I gave subjective reasons and I was even the most polite one, yet I am the only one getting all the shitstorm for expressing my opinion. I always try to see WATMM humour in it but it is kind of sad nevertheless. I dislike double-standards.

I agreed with most of what you and some others said Jev. I've never been into any VSnares really, though I've seen him posting some interesting stuff from his modulars on his Instagram account. I was hoping to really like this album because of that, but what I've heard so far is more of just VSnares regular stuff: not my cup of tea. Maybe when we can hear the whole album there'll be some interesting cuts from it.

Yeah it's a shame that we couldn't do that. Maybe he'll have an aphex moment and realise that were not so bad after all, the unwashed seperate entities whose sentience differs from his own, who nevertheless enjoy feasting on the spawn of the trout, all the same. He did already come to that conclusion in the aftermath of the reaction to his troubles this year. But I'm not sure if that spirit of tolerance of us weirdnoniks would extend to being ok with a subforum. I wonder though, if we'd even have had an aphex subforum if joyrex had had to get the blessing of a late nineties aphex, you just pushed ahead and if the artist's precious feelings were 'triggered', so be it, they'd have to get used to the fact.

heh.

nwae, it's not gonna happen today or tomorrow ..

some of the tracks are a little lackluster, but it seems to get better as the album advances. health card10 is groovier than an autistic pimp. i had a vision of a music video with a rapid cut montage of an unseen person making green eggs and ham

More negative comments. I gave subjective reasons and I was even the most polite one, yet I am the only one getting all the shitstorm for expressing my opinion. I always try to see WATMM humour in it but it is kind of sad nevertheless. I dislike double-standards.

It's because you smell

And we would rebuke Delet's comments too but we don't know what the hell he's saying

Archived