IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

WeAreOceans

once tomorrow is over and done with this release will be the only thing on my mind.

Dreamt Person v3 sample on planet mu instantly hit me and sounds like the state of mind i am usually in.

i find tracks like that and drugs are the two reasons why i will never breakout my pointless routine

nobody really gets what i mean but i just wanted to get that out my head

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once tomorrow is over and done with this release will be the only thing on my mind.

Dreamt Person v3 sample on planet mu instantly hit me and sounds like the state of mind i am usually in.

i find tracks like that and drugs are the two reasons why i will never breakout my pointless routine

nobody really gets what i mean but i just wanted to get that out my head

I do *fist bump*

More negative comments. I gave subjective reasons and I was even the most polite one, yet I am the only one getting all the shitstorm for expressing my opinion. I always try to see WATMM humour in it but it is kind of sad nevertheless. I dislike double-standards.

For whatever reason, StephenG responded to your opinion with inflammatory words, and you kind of took the bait. It's all really stupid.

The album samples are just Vsnares music done through a modular. If [general] you don't like Vsnares, it's probably not an album you'll probably like or be interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

I am now rather excited about this album.

You can see from the videos where all his money has gone.

he does have a crazy setup there indeed. I hope his money woes are settled.

I can't imagine how much time he has spent making those tracks - patching everything, composing, sequencing...That must be a really fun yet strange workflow. I mean, I can't imagine what a pain it must have been to write down every single setting of that crazy modular synth when he wanted to try something else or work on another track.

That second excerpt is amazing by the way, can't wait to hear the album in its entirety !

I can't imagine how much time he has spent making those tracks - patching everything, composing, sequencing...That must be a really fun yet strange workflow. I mean, I can't imagine what a pain it must have been to write down every single setting of that crazy modular synth when he wanted to try something else or work on another track.

That second excerpt is amazing by the way, can't wait to hear the album in its entirety !

Well, his sound design is super-basic so the most work had to be done with sequences which he runs from a laptop if I recall correctly (or at least the first track he released was like that).

Well, his sound design is super-basic so the most work had to be done with sequences which he runs from a laptop if I recall correctly (or at least the first track he released was like that).

Wrong. There is a PC running an empty renoise pattern as a clock. No other computer involved.

2016 is going to be a big year for Aaron Funk a.k.a Venetian Snares, his new album Traditional Synthesizer Music will be out next month on Planet Mu, followed by a full live show, for the first time ever.

^

From the latest Littlebig mailout. Wasn't sure where to put this since there is no subforum :troll:

FULL LIVE SHOW!

Wrong. There is a PC running an empty renoise pattern as a clock. No other computer involved.

Sorry, my bad. Thanks.

2016 is going to be a big year for Aaron Funk a.k.a Venetian Snares, his new album Traditional Synthesizer Music will be out next month on Planet Mu, followed by a full live show, for the first time ever.

^

From the latest Littlebig mailout. Wasn't sure where to put this since there is no subforum :troll:

FULL LIVE SHOW!

:catnope:

^

FULL LIVE SHOW!

I hope I can make it, wherever it is :)

^

FULL LIVE SHOW!

Deserves its own thread really, fuk the haters.

∆ yeah but I thought more people would see it here rather than getting lost in the live subforum.

Will create thread there when info becomes available.

Would be immense if he could play at some theatres rather than club venues.

Royal Albert Hall :cisfor:

His Live show is normaly just him mixing his tunes on CDJ's - Its still awesome though, but guessing he is now bringing all his toys on tour! :)

yes I'm assuming that he'll being doing a modular set like this one but maybe the entire show will be him just doing that instead of DJ'ing?

I saw him in NYC back in 2008 and it was a lot of fun. I hope I can make to wherever this is happening. better get a passport going now incase he's only playing in Canada again :)

I saw him in NYC back in 2008 and it was a lot of fun. I hope I can make to wherever this is happening. better get a passport going now incase he's only playing in Canada again :)

I was at that show too! Didn't he crush one of his cd's by hand because it was skipping? (Or am I mixing up that memory with something else?)

Anyway he's creative enough with just CDJ's to be worth seeing live, so I'd imagine a more full live show would be quite worth it.

Archived