IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

WeAreOceans

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw him in NYC back in 2008 and it was a lot of fun. I hope I can make to wherever this is happening. better get a passport going now incase he's only playing in Canada again :)

I was at that show too! Didn't he crush one of his cd's by hand because it was skipping? (Or am I mixing up that memory with something else?)

Anyway he's creative enough with just CDJ's to be worth seeing live, so I'd imagine a more full live show would be quite worth it.

that whole show was great. I can't remember if he did that or not w/ the CDs, my friend posted some of the videos from that night on the youtubes along w/ the feedback noise thing he did at the end. the camera I brought had terrible audio :\

His Live show is normaly just him mixing his tunes on CDJ's - Its still awesome though, but guessing he is now bringing all his toys on tour! :)

CDJs complete with obligatory hoody under the decks when they inevitably stop working. Though he actually sang some of the lyrics from My Love is a Bulldozer last I saw him (Changed up the words a bit too, something about fucking everyone in the room).

But yeah that's what I'm guessing the new "live" show will be - which would be great! Definitely going to keep an eye on this, I hope he comes to the UK with it (I know he's doing BangFace but I'm assuming it'll be his usual show).

i think its impressive that its being done on the modular even if it doesnt sound that different to his other stuff, to me.

he's not using renoise anymore so all his stuff has been off the octatrak for a while although you pretty muh cant call an octatrak anything other than a computer

from what I remember, he's only had the Elektron gear for about a year

CDJs complete with obligatory hoody under the decks when they inevitably stop working. Though he actually sang some of the lyrics from My Love is a Bulldozer last I saw him (Changed up the words a bit too, something about fucking everyone in the room).

Still really sad he had to cancel the US leg of his Bulldozer tour a while back; would've reveled in seeing him perform the live lyrics like that!

speaking of lyrics does anyone have any idea what the lyrics for amazon are?

I pre-ordered the vinyl through planet mu as soon as I could. Seeing this golden ticket contest is a bonus :) I've been contemplating a eurorack case for awhile now, but knowing how I do in contests I won't be winning this :\

https://twitter.com/Planetmurecords/status/692781455026606080

speaking of lyrics does anyone have any idea what the lyrics for amazon are?

I pre-ordered the vinyl through planet mu as soon as I could. Seeing this golden ticket contest is a bonus :) I've been contemplating a eurorack case for awhile now, but knowing how I do in contests I won't be winning this :\

https://twitter.com/Planetmurecords/status/692781455026606080

For some reason I thought the lyrics were somehow related to that old movie "the great escape" but I could never pin it down....

Apparently his first live show is going to be at BangFace Weekender this year. Excited!

Still really sad he had to cancel the US leg of his Bulldozer tour a while back; would've reveled in seeing him perform the live lyrics like that!

Hah yeah it was a good touch, though he did seem to not want to be there.

Regarding Amazon, I know it samples some of the Kamen Rider Amazon opening, lyrics may be related to that but I can't really make them out either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S43vx4Zxms

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONHxopnAZ0

he's not using renoise anymore so all his stuff has been off the octatrak for a while although you pretty muh cant call an octatrak anything other than a computer

The video shows modular + renoise as clock + elektron machinedrum...

No octa spotted. Please compare:

Machinedrum

258149.jpg

Octatrack

7962440_800.jpg

The video shows modular + renoise as clock + elektron machinedrum...

No octa spotted. Please compare:

Machinedrum

258149.jpg

Octatrack

7962440_800.jpg

Machinedrum = Virtual digital synth/drum machine with sampling options in rather low quality and samples always mono, 16 track midi sequencer, traditional workflow

Octatrack = Sampler, cutter, high quality samples with SD card as far as I recall, individual track speed and micro timing, 8 track midi sequencer, very different workflow

Both good but Octa has more sequencer options, while missing 8 midi tracks... What's best? Both? Me? you? God? What god?

• 2 weeks later...

His next project with heaps of equipment to build up should be an home gym, the pudge cometh.

You can't fault me for saying this cause I'm pretty plump, so shove that up your social justice klakka, hah.

Also, cool pic.

Archived