IGNORED

Super Mario Maker 1 & 2

Squee

ooooomg the kill bill stage is so spot on (and funny during the mole showdown). lol.

Thanks for playing it. I made that stage for Destructoid's monthly SMM challenge, which is "Mario at the Movies" this month. Kill Bill is one of my very favorite films and I think the stage does follow that chapter very closely. The only problem that I have with it is that you really don't have to kill anything in order to pass the stage. I wish you could force players to defeat enemies or bosses before they can advance to the next room. Maybe that will come in a future update....

I've just finished my first level.

I find it a bit frustrating that I can't access everything immediately, but I guess it's a good thing to learn your basic tools before being given access to all them.

Like I said, I just finished my first one. It's far from perfect and it's extremely short since I can't make long levels yet, but hey... it's a level.

Course ID: 95DA-0000-0125-3B7F

I'm about to check out your stage right now. Here's the last "real" stage I made:

POWer Switch Fortress (0395-0000-0104-4E98)

Let me know what you think of it. The one person who gave me feedback said it was too hard and confusing....

The last stage I made was for a Destructoid challenge, but I don't find it to be very fun.

Oh man, that was cool! It wasn't confusing at all. I did die a few times, but that was my own fault! Gonna try out that Kill Bill level now ;D

Oh wow! COOL! Congrats, man!!!

Thanks a lot. I put a lot of effort into my stages, and I just want people to play and enjoy them. This is good recognition :)

Thanks a lot. I put a lot of effort into my stages, and I just want people to play and enjoy them. This is good recognition :)

Definitely! And this should get you PLENTY of stars ;D

Definitely! And this should get you PLENTY of stars ;D

So far I've only gotten 3 :)

Have you guys tried this one?
FFC4-0000-0166-9818

I've made it to the part with the Chain Chomp, the Hammer Bros., the invisible blocks, and spikes and I have no idea what to do next?

Squee, your Donk level is really challenging yet very fun to play. Been trying to beat it like 20 times now. First time it's happening to me with an "amateur" Mario level. Thank you very much for the fun, gonna try other WATMM levels today :)

Squee, your Donk level is really challenging yet very fun to play. Been trying to beat it like 20 times now. First time it's happening to me with an "amateur" Mario level. Thank you very much for the fun, gonna try other WATMM levels today :)

Cool! What seems to be the challenging part? The design might be throwing you off :)

By the way, I won't use trampolines anymore for jumps. They're too random.

Have you guys tried this one?

FFC4-0000-0166-9818

I've made it to the part with the Chain Chomp, the Hammer Bros., the invisible blocks, and spikes and I have no idea what to do next?

Ah, completely missed something obvious. Still a hard as balls level.

Cool! What seems to be the challenging part? The design might be throwing you off :)

I can't get past the third step (the one when you take the flower and have to jump on a flying Koopa). The jump here is tough to achieve. I tried other routes but always died. Hard as ball indeed!!

I can't get past the third step (the one when you take the flower and have to jump on a flying Koopa). The jump here is tough to achieve. I tried other routes but always died. Hard as ball indeed!!

I think you're missing something. Let me just record a quick runthrough when I get home ;)

Thank God. I didn't beat that level because I got to the end and had to use the trampolines to get to the flag. I fell and quit because it pissed me off. I told you I don't like trampolines :)

Woah, thank you so much for this !!! I did not thought the level was so long lol. Gonna give it another go soon !! Thank you very much again !

No problem, man!

Playing through that level again made me want to make another level. I did one a couple of days ago with some of my friends, but it's fucking terrible. We started out wanting to make a remix of the old Donkey Kong levels, but ended up recreating the first 5 circles of hell from Dante's Divine Comedy. On paper it sounds good and I'm sure it could have been good, but putting three minds together to create a level from scratch is a BAD idea.

I want this game so bad...looks like endless fun. First Pikmin 3, then Smash, now Mario Maker. I almost need to get a Wii U now

Hey... you should buy a Wii U.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm gonna pick this up soon. My wife isn't really into DIY type entertainment and she said it looks complicated. I'm thinking it might be fun to get and build levels to play through in 2-player mode. I mean if she doesn't feel like waiting for me to come up with a level there's at least some immediate gratification with playing all the levels made since it came out.