Preorder: analogicalforce.bandcamp.com

Tracklist

A1 HUMIDEX

A2 32614

B1 FIRMAMENT

B2 DEBT LOOP

B3 CYCLIC ESTER (XYLOL MIX)

Release Details

Madrid’s Analogical Force continues its run and are proud to present ‘Welkin EP’, second in the catalogue and first from Niagara Falls, NY-based Reid Dunn (well known as WISP) under his misterious DWAALLICHT alias. Many -like us- have been looking forward long time for this stuff, now the wait is over.

Just when the 10th anniversary of the still acclaimed ‘NRTHNDR’ album on now-defunct Sublight label, and six years after ‘We Miss You’ and ‘The Shimmering Hour’ on the Rephlex camp, the Aphex Twin-approved producer is back exploring spectral acidish territories, intricate drum patterns with thick synths, nervous breaks and rhythms, nostalgic rising-falling melodies...waving this elements to his will. It seems that Reid has deemed the time right to do what he does best. A record so immune to contemporary styles and aesthetics are almost by definition timeless, and it's tempting to call ‘Welkin EP’ that.

Dwaallicht doesn’t hide his influences; AFX, Squarepusher and Mike Paradinas are obvious reference points, but add Tangerine Dream, Phuture 303 or Mr Fingers to the mix and you’ll get a sense of the scope of Reid’s personal vision.

Braindancers: ‘Welkin EP’ will all remind you exactly why you loved this talented guy for so long and why hes one of the most uncompromising artists working in electronic music this days.

...Absolutely essential!

©+Ⓟ Analogical Force 2016. All right reserved.

Written and produced by Reid W. Dunn somewhere in Niagara Falls.

Mastering by Alek Stark at Fundamental Audio, Madrid.

Artwork by Joan Bernat, Berlín.

Distributed by Clone, Rotterdam.

www.clone.nl

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first impulse was to whine that it's mostly tracks we've heard through soundcloud already, but listening to previews vs originals, they've clearly been tweaked, improved, and mastered since then, plus the unheard stuff is solid. Will buy for sure. :music:

Guest bitroast

i'm not super familiar with the soundcloud material so this is sounding all so fucking GOOD to me :):):):)

i'm sure, even being familiar with the material, the complete package will be a SWEET listen. sounds like a great return from WISP after the wee release break.

21 remaining. So glad I thought to visit this thread today. I assumed it would be a purchase on release day kind of event. Happy to have nabbed one. Thanks for the preorder heads up guys!

Guest bitroast

is/was FIRMAMENT a sc track ?

the steady acid riffs provided wicked "foundations" to the wisp lush fanfare going on in these tracks. spesh this one. really loving the sound of this :):)

21 remaining. So glad I thought to visit this thread today. I assumed it would be a purchase on release day kind of event. Happy to have nabbed one. Thanks for the preorder heads up guys!

Yeah thanks to this thread or I'd have no idea! I almost slept on this, but ordered with 14 left. Haven't even heard the preview yet but with Wisp I know I don't need to.

is/was FIRMAMENT a sc track ?

the steady acid riffs provided wicked "foundations" to the wisp lush fanfare going on in these tracks. spesh this one. really loving the sound of this :):)

i think firmament is a new track....ive never heard

i found copies of d'arcangelo periscope ep at bleep:

https://bleep.com/release/64247-darcangelo-periscope-ep-w-kettel-remix

Archived