IGNORED

Spectre - New Radiohead track

kaini

https://soundcloud.com/radiohead/spectre

Last year we were asked to write a theme tune for the Bond movie Spectre.

Yes we were. It didn’t work out, but became something of our own, which we love very much.

As the year closes we thought you might like to hear it.

Merry Christmas. May the force be with you.

It's pretty good.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much better than the actual Spectre song... I guess it was rejected for having a weird time signature, which I can understand but that's too bad.

it's 4/4 just heavily syncopated. same as pyramid song.

So much better than the actual Spectre song... I guess it was rejected for having a weird time signature, which I can understand but that's too bad.

it's 4/4 just heavily syncopated. same as pyramid song.

I was hearing 4/4, 3/4, and I think 15/16 at one point. Utterly confusing and mesmerising at the same time.

Guest bitroast

yeah im not super convinced pyramid song is 4/4. (but i also dont know anything about music so what do i know).

radiohead track is nice. sounds a tad raw and unmixed but is nice nonethe less. i am so keen to hear what they're doing next next albumwise next.

Tried to watch spectre yesterday. Stopped after 20 mins. It's mostly a collection of chase scenes and fight scenes with some sexist bits sprinkled on top. After 20 mins I was craving those older sean connery bond movies. At least those had some kind of charm to them. These new ones take themselves way too seriously, imo.

Like the song. Hoping for a new release soon...

i'm hearing it in 3/4. lovely track

yup me too, maybe the first loop on 1:35 throws people off as there are 5 bars of 3/4 and then the next repetitions just 4 bars

Don't like the track, messy pointlessness, now with string section. /waits for someone to ask what I'm doing on an electronic music forum if I don't like.. Haha, oh that's right, you can't do that for radiohead. ;-p

Don't like the track, messy pointlessness, now with string section. /waits for someone to ask what I'm doing on an electronic music forum if I don't like.. Haha, oh that's right, you can't do that for radiohead. ;-p

http://thebluegrassandcountrymusicforum.yuku.com/

"totally weird time signature turns out to be completely normal time signature" appeals the idmz headz yo...

I don't praise everything they do. I have the lupine genetic dna running through my blood, bones and spirit which means while incredibly loyal (beyond limits) I also know when something or someone needs a good savage shakedown. That has also included myself (many times). Nothing is immune! Lol drunken fucking nonsense.

His voice seems incredible though. The tune just gets going then seems to just fizzle out. But his voice is another level.

What's for pudding? Fish eye, noodles and custard.

Archived