IGNORED

Patronen - C & D

Nil

Guest bitroast

Ha, 95 EUR and still no digital download

naturally !!  :cisfor:

if it had digital download, it wouldn't be so exclusive and couldn't be charged 95 EUR. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought C&D (my wallet is bleeding). The lack of digital version even for those who have purchased the records is an unfortunate oversight / poor decision (to say the least), especially when it comes to such a non-cheap release. I happen to be a fan of another vinyle only label, Ekster Records, that offers downloads when you buy a copy.

Anyway, the music itself is absolutely fantastic, on par with the 2 previous volumes. I still don't buy the "lost tapes from the early 90's" mystic though, sounds way too modern to my ears. So many production details sound too hmm advanced / geeky to have been done then (or it would have required a quite expensive set-up). Not that it matters though. 

no money at the moment  :cry:

fundamental records continues to amaze me with its horrible business practices and just general shittyness. it's a bloody shame how much good music has been lost to this label

fundamental records continues to amaze me with its horrible business practices and just general shittyness. it's a bloody shame how much good music has been lost to this label

this, 95 euros for a double LP and no digital WTF seriously ? 

Even though I heartily agree with the rants here, I have to stick up for the label a little bit. The boxset contains 4 x 12" (parts A until D), a t-shirt and parts C & D on tape format and is €95,- on Bandcamp but it's only €75,- if you order through them directly (because according to this label, PayPal and Bandcamp fees would be €20,- per product?!).

Just the new 2 x 12" (parts C & D) is €60,- on Bandcamp and €50,- directly through the label. Which is still absolutely ridiculous for a 2 x 12" but hey, it does come in mega cool PLEXIGLASS!

It's still sad this release will be snowed under because of the same stupid reasons, but there you go.

Yeah, € 75 + his usual (and IMO kind of bullshitty) € 25 for shipping to Belgium is still a bit much when I already have the limited A & B + shirt though.

I asked him about getting just the tapes but he claims to only have exactly enough copies for the box sets.

We'll see, maybe a cheaper more widely distributed version of the tapes might come? Like how after he released A & B there were less exclusive versions that hit Boomkat or Juno or whatever.

Yeah, € 75 + his usual (and IMO kind of bullshitty) € 25 for shipping to Belgium is still a bit much when I already have the limited A & B + shirt though.

I asked him about getting just the tapes but he claims to only have exactly enough copies for the box sets.

We'll see, maybe a cheaper more widely distributed version of the tapes might come? Like how after he released A & B there were less exclusive versions that hit Boomkat or Juno or whatever.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the €25,- shipping to here as well. 

lol

I guess it would be best if another label would reissue these in a proper way that they deserve (IMO), maybe in a few years...

Yeah, I'm loading out for the cheaper options similar to what they did for A&B with cardboard instead of plexiglass. I hope they'll at least do that.

• 3 months later...

Fah: !?

Have the 4 vinyles. Have the FLACs off the Biosoft initial A/B release. Damn I'd love to have the files of the whole series digitally... I've also listened to the SC stream countless times.

Ps: not a vinyle collector either, I just wanted to have a copy of the music.

Have the 4 vinyles. Have the FLACs off the Biosoft initial A/B release. Damn I'd love to have the files of the whole series digitally... I've also listened to the SC stream countless times.

I have the 4 vinyls. Couldn't afford the C/D plexiglass nonsense but my generous brother bought it for me for Christmas. I have recorded all vinyl to digital....but it's a right old pain in the arse to do. Good musics....annoying label shenanigans.

anyone who ordered the A/B/C/D box get it yet? haven't heard anything since ordering it last year

People have recently been slowly getting their boxes shipped to them.. you haven't heard anything at all? No shipping notices?

Well, figured that since a lot of people really do also want digital, I'd soon make them available for those who would like to take it on the road with them. Or simply for those who don't want to pay for the vinyl or don't like vinyl, can't play vinyl, etc.. Even those who went through painstaking hours of recording them to digital.

anyone who ordered the A/B/C/D box get it yet? haven't heard anything since ordering it last year

Get in touch with them. Each of my Patronen orders didn't ship until I had prodded Alek to ask where my stuff was. He usually says he was waiting for confirmation of t-shirt size or shipping address or something. Hope you get your box soon.

Listening to my vinyl rip of C/D now and enjoying it immensely.

Well, figured that since a lot of people really do also want digital, I'd soon make them available for those who would like to take it on the road with them. Or simply for those who don't want to pay for the vinyl or don't like vinyl, can't play vinyl, etc.. Even those who went through painstaking hours of recording them to digital.

Yes, this last one is me....worth it in the end though so I can listen to them while working at my desk or out in the car! These are top tunes, and it's great to finally know who it is behind them!

Thanks Fah!!!

Yes, this last one is me....worth it in the end though so I can listen to them while working at my desk or out in the car! These are top tunes, and it's great to finally know who it is behind them!

Thanks Fah!!!

:) Just out of interest; what is your process of recording vinyl to digital?

Thanks Fah!!!

I use one of these:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/audio-components/ps-hx500

Thanks Fah!!!

I use one of these:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/audio-components/ps-hx500

Ah I see! Thought that never really worked very well, or any usb recording device for that (my studio desk has a USB output and it's rubbish). But perhaps they've come a long way by now so the quality is better?

Archived