post-8398-14514207291095_thumb.jpg

"will be very soon PATRONEN C and PATRONEN C" Alek Strak, Fundamental Records

Can't wait! 'A' is quite classic but excellent, and 'B' is absolutely stunning.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome! Time to revisit A & B, lots of great stuff on there. I was lucky to just buy both on the Biosoft Records bandcamp before it was released on overly expensive glass vinyl, but I don't think I'll be so lucky this time...

• 2 weeks later...

That's a lot less than what I paid for the original, limited edition.

I hope that C& D will also get a digital release. I was lucky to grab the flac files off the Biosoft BC, but it's too bad they're not available anymore.

Wow! This stuff is really great! Never heard of Patronen before I saw this thread. Decided to buy one of the vinyl packages off bandcamp (I know clone was cheaper, but the smokey effect looks cool and I'm a sucker for stuff like this...plus I like supporting artists/labels directly where I can). The shipping almost put me off...ouch!! I'm really gutted that they won't provide the digitalis without the copy protection noise though. Reckon they will do this once the vinyl is sold out or will it be back on Biosoft? Looking forward to C & D now.

Wow! This stuff is really great! Never heard of Patronen before I saw this thread. Decided to buy one of the vinyl packages off bandcamp (I know clone was cheaper, but the smokey effect looks cool and I'm a sucker for stuff like this...plus I like supporting artists/labels directly where I can). The shipping almost put me off...ouch!! I'm really gutted that they won't provide the digitalis without the copy protection noise though. Reckon they will do this once the vinyl is sold out or will it be back on Biosoft? Looking forward to C & D now.

hah! at first i thought you had mistaken the tape noise on those recordings for noise protection. But there is actually a noise protection on those previews, new feature on bandcamp perhaps?

Bargain to be had on Patronen A & B on vinyl:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/patronen-twin-paradox-series-001/564763-01/

£8.66!! and £9.33 for the clear vinyl.

What the hell. i remember when it was first pressed on vinyl, the only way to get it was to order the fancy plexiglass package, and that was priced @ £50

i did wait out and paid £22.5 for the cardboard version. but much much cheaper now, a steal really.

Edited by Mcdergbit

hah! at first i thought you had mistaken the tape noise on those recordings for noise protection. But there is actually a noise protection on those previews, new feature on bandcamp perhaps?

At first I thought it was part of the tracks as I wasn't really paying that much attention the first time. Then I noticed that all the track titles on bandcamp say something like "with copy protection noise"....I was like "oh duh!..that's what that regular noise was". ?

It's actually not as intrusive as some copy protection I have heard though. Still...wish I could listen to it without that noise other than when spinning the vinyl.

Yeah i feel ya, digitals should always be free, and noise free. but not the tape-y noise, that can stay! ;)

I downloaded them on bandcamp when they were free of charge, before the vinyl release. no noise protection ofcourse.

I have no problem with tape hiss...I am glad that Alex and Patronen took the decision to leave as is. I don't think copy protection noise will become a feature of bandcamp (I hope I am right). It's probably up to the labels that do physical only releases. I'm still hoping that they will get the digitals back up once all the vinyl has sold.

I was also lucky enough to grab A&B from Bandcamp while it was around. Karlsruhe nach Basel is such an amazing track, had that on repeat for weeks when I first heard it. Looking forward to C&D!

Btw I'm pretty sue whoever it was that first pointed me to Patronen said it was an alias for another artist.. Anyone know more about that? Would love to check their other stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just seeing this now:

https://fundamentalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/patronen-c-d

Awesome! Time to revisit A & B, lots of great stuff on there. I was lucky to just buy both on the Biosoft Records bandcamp before it was released on overly expensive glass vinyl, but I don't think I'll be so lucky this time...

Called it. Too bad, really wanted to buy all four parts in that box but fuck me, those prices... Not really digging the design of them much either (sorry). At least Alek Stark is starting to understand and putting the tracks up for stream anyway (thank you for that!):

About the music: fucking hell, this deserves so much more than just an ulra-limited exclusive vinyl release. This is amazing. Just listen to Solarlosung.

Hmm, I'd be interested in getting just the tapes, but the only way to get them is the € 95 option including everything, and I already paid once for A & B on vinyl...

Bought C&D (my wallet is bleeding). The lack of digital version even for those who have purchased the records is an unfortunate oversight / poor decision (to say the least), especially when it comes to such a non-cheap release. I happen to be a fan of another vinyle only label, Ekster Records, that offers downloads when you buy a copy.

Anyway, the music itself is absolutely fantastic, on par with the 2 previous volumes. I still don't buy the "lost tapes from the early 90's" mystic though, sounds way too modern to my ears. So many production details sound too hmm advanced / geeky to have been done then (or it would have required a quite expensive set-up). Not that it matters though.