IGNORED

Patronen - C & D

Nil

Ah I see! Thought that never really worked very well, or any usb recording device for that (my studio desk has a USB output and it's rubbish). But perhaps they've come a long way by now so the quality is better?

It's not bad I suppose, but I won't be hesitating to double-dip if you put flacs up on your bandcamp!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah I see! Thought that never really worked very well, or any usb recording device for that (my studio desk has a USB output and it's rubbish). But perhaps they've come a long way by now so the quality is better?

It's not bad I suppose, but I won't be hesitating to double-dip if you put flacs up on your bandcamp!

Yeah FLACs are going to be there, assuming those are standard on bandcamp along with WAV and MP3 320

Nice one Fah! Top move, finally bypassing the Alek Monopoly on good tunes :) I'll definitely be grabbing C&D. I actually just put A&B on my phone again a few days ago, been enjoying them in the train just before reading this.

:music:

Nice one! Many many thanks, man.

PS: would you mind sharing what reverb were you using on those tracks? Especially on Schlaf, the trails sound beautiful. Also, I found out that Earthquaker Devices' Rainbow Machine pedal makes exactly that crazy effect in Magie. Did you use that? Cheers!

Nice one Fah! Top move, finally bypassing the Alek Monopoly on good tunes :) I'll definitely be grabbing C&D. I actually just put A&B on my phone again a few days ago, been enjoying them in the train just before reading this.

In all honesty I'm doing this in agreement still with Alek, I do not want to step on his perspective of the music and the way he wanted to present it. We both wanted to turn it into a piece of art and definitely in the way that I know only Alek can do, and then at the end of the chapter just make it available again like me and Cygnus did on Biosoft. Though it took a while but there you go, it's going to be there for anyone who prefers digitals, as well as anyone who wants a digital version to go with their copies. Apologies we just didn't make them available earlier ! 

Nice one! Many many thanks, man.

PS: would you mind sharing what reverb were you using on those tracks? Especially on Schlaf, the trails sound beautiful. Also, I found out that Earthquaker Devices' Rainbow Machine pedal makes exactly that crazy effect in Magie. Did you use that? Cheers!

From what I remember I've used mostly Alesis nanoverb and microverb III a lot, on Schlaf specifically I've also used a DP-2 with depth control via CV.. Magie also uses the DP-2 for that weird effect, it's a feedback pitch echo effect i've programmed on there.

In all honesty I'm doing this in agreement still with Alek, I do not want to step on his perspective of the music and the way he wanted to present it. We both wanted to turn it into a piece of art and definitely in the way that I know only Alek can do, and then at the end of the chapter just make it available again like me and Cygnus did on Biosoft. Though it took a while but there you go, it's going to be there for anyone who prefers digitals, as well as anyone who wants a digital version to go with their copies. Apologies we just didn't make them available earlier !

Fair enough of course, didn't mean to drag you in thát discussion again.

But yeah, these formats can co-exist and luckily this one will :) they're so worth it. Cheers!

Archived