IGNORED

Do you like Soda? What Soda do you like?

hello spiral

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drink too much of it, I've started cutting down.

Irn Bru

Cidona

Ginger beer is good with whiskey :beer:

add a little lime for the irish mule. quite tasty.

I don't chug sodas like I used to anymore. If I need a carbonated beverage I usually opt for Sparkling ICE or San Pellegrino.

However, Dr. Pepper and Coca Cola (Hecho en Mexico brand) come to mind. Pretty much any soda that uses real sugar for sweetener as opposed to aspartame or high fructose corn syrup.

One beverage I miss from when I was in Japan tho: melon soda

628b73b48a5119724a73a167fda33651.jpgmb_melon_soda.jpg

Mexican Coke and specialty soda is about all I drink anymore, and usually coupled with alcohol (ginger beer + vodka or whisky + coke)

I like these but they are technically sparkling waters

71-F3PhM7ML._SY679_.jpg

Guilty pleasure that makes me feel like shit but it reminds me of hot summer days in Texas as a kid and makes me feel at home:

Big_Red_bottle.JPG

I miss the soda vending machines of Okinawa, loved Japanese peach sodas

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-evuzr3KyVHs/UlG348hsQNI/AAAAAAAAA94/TvDaOnBr8lw/s1600/20130909_003137.jpg

Sodaaa!!!

Wow, it's surreal for me because I used to drink Coke pretty much 2 or 3 times a day for most of my life, and one day, I just decided to stop and only drink water or iced tea-- Reasoning was after a billion failed attempts at cutting out junk food/ fast food etc, I figured well fuck it, if i can't stop eating pizza and burgers and fries, at least ill try stopping soda, didn't think i'd be able to succeed, but it's now been a year since I've had anything carbonated or any sugary drinks. Of course, its not like i won't eat cookies or pastries or candy here and there, but i guess less high fructose corn syrup = a little better.

I remember I stopped drinking Coke about 4 or 5 years ago, which only lasted for 4 months and then i was back on it like an addict. But it's funny, during the 1st 3 weeks off of it, i remember giving in and trying a sip of Coke one day, and it tasted terrible to me, like chemicals--so ridiculously sweet, and managed to stop for the next 3 months cuz it was gross to me, of course after which my addiction slowly came back-- all those cravings from the sights of other people's sodas man- all that nostalgia and marketing managed to transcend the sickly sweet quality i had experienced and i somehow got hooked again.

but hopefully im done for good. every now and then i get a craving but then i remember how soda actually tastes and it grosses me out.

Much love for all you current soda drinkers though.. no judgement! At the end of the day, nothing beats a suuper carbonated iced cold coke when you crave it the most.

This looks awesome. Gonna have a look for this the next time I'm in Loon Fung (large chinese/japanese cash&carry)

Yeah I feel you Lane. Don't drink nearly as much as I used to. Used to drink unhealthy amounts. Now I try to just have one after lunch as it helps me digest, or at least seems to calm down the intestinal discomfort I get when I eat a meal-sized amount of food. Other times I have green tea now.

That's what soda is to me, it's all about comfort I think. Maybe nostalgia? I think that's why ridiculously sweet cream soda is my go to when I'm ill and can't keep anything else down.

At some point I'll probably cut out the one can I do have a day but I never want to turn into one of those judgemental arses about it after the fact (hi deer).

Edit: Keep the pics coming in guys. One thing that I do enjoy a lot is all the can and bottle designs I've never seen.

At some point I'll probably cut out the one can I do have a day but I never want to turn into one of those judgemental arses about it after the fact (hi deer).

I just think root beer is like drinking cough syrup,also thos grape sodas are fucking gross again its like drinking syrup but never said anything about anything, $orry i triggered you

this is my soda of choice , its pomelo, unfortunately(probably for the better) is 7 dollars for 2 liters so only once a month

0148937_300.jpeg

This looks awesome. Gonna have a look for this the next time I'm in Loon Fung (large chinese/japanese cash&carry)

Yeah I feel you Lane. Don't drink nearly as much as I used to. Used to drink unhealthy amounts. Now I try to just have one after lunch as it helps me digest, or at least seems to calm down the intestinal discomfort I get when I eat a meal-sized amount of food. Other times I have green tea now.

That's what soda is to me, it's all about comfort I think. Maybe nostalgia? I think that's why ridiculously sweet cream soda is my go to when I'm ill and can't keep anything else down.

Edit: Keep the pics coming in guys. One thing that I do enjoy a lot is all the can and bottle designs I've never seen.

For sure man! oh yeah and i still hold soda dear in my mind (: i even thought about cracking open a can of soda today mmm

For sure man! oh yeah and i still hold soda dear in my mind (: i even thought about cracking open a can of soda today mmm

btw, good call on the green tea - great option

i actually love club soda, but lately it just gives me acid reflux.

san pelligrino Blood Orange is my fav

otherwise oft. grab rubicon guava or passion fruit

had some watermelon soda that made me instantly need a shit (in a way on coffee normally would)and got a boner,so i guess it used the rinds .. but it was very tasty

I grew up drinking a whole ton of it - eventually just gave it up one day. Been addicted to green tea and IPA's ever since.

Now I just treat soda like a dessert - have it on rare occasions if it fits the mood. I don't really even use it as mixer. I use juice for everything besides whiskey, which I just have on the rocks usually.

Oh man those Bundabergs are pricey but N I C E.

Yeah TSG, same thing here actually among a certain type of male group I guess. Or someone who's had too much to drink is mocked because he "can't handle a couple of shandies".

is that fanta melon actually deece? fanta orange tastes ass

I'd say it's better than orange. Has an actual melon flavor, but sweeter. It was my beverage of choice whenever I'd buy takoyaki (fried octopus balls...not testicles) at the convenience stores.

brew-ginger-beer-bottle1.pngbrew-sarsaparilla-bottle1.png

Curious about the sarsaparilla. I'd imagine it's basically root beer, but still...looks tasty

Currently this

must.jpg

Seasonal!

Edit. Sorry about small picture.

I had some Julmust back in October! My sister and her husband went to Ikea, I visited them afterwards and my sister gave me two bottles. "we bought some coke there but Ikea coke tastes funny. you can have it" lol

It was only when I got into work the next day that I realised it wasn't coke and googled it. The whole story of julmust is pretty interesting.

I've never heard of shandy until now.

Sounds good to me? Is it generally considered effeminate or something? =/

Yeah I think because it's considered watered down beer. It's basically 1% beer and 99% lemonade. What a man gives his kids when he was to take them to the pub.

I've never heard of shandy until now.

Sounds good to me? Is it generally considered effeminate or something? =/

Yeah I think because it's considered watered down beer. It's basically 1% beer and 99% lemonade. What a man gives his kids when he was to take them to the pub.

When I was looking up shandy I read about a German/Belgian thing that's similar to shandy. It's basically a tripel or other yeast heavy beer in a 60/40 mix with cola, with a shot of kirsch in it. Sounds delicious to me.

(srry to derail)

Archived