Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

- - - - -

Two quiet fuzzy ones

quiet analog notanalog lofi

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mammalsolidarity

mammalsolidarity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • 59 topics
  • Joined 09-October 13

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

Just really liked this synth gloopy thing. intentionally underdeveloped :)

Listen on Soundcloud.com

trying some guitar and singing, not really idm i guess

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#2 Squee

Squee

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,924 posts
  • 379 topics
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

trying some guitar and singing, not really idm i guess

Listen on Soundcloud.com

I would love to hear this without the vocals. It's not that I don't like the vocals, but I think the melody as potential. Make it slower and add a dusty celesta going through a nasty springverb and you've got yourself a nice and melancholic hit ;)

#3 mammalsolidarity

mammalsolidarity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • 59 topics
  • Joined 09-October 13

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

thanks for the feedback. i'm gonna take a shot at what you suggested. i assume you're imagining the celesta playing something like the vocal notes, which are based on the guitar chords, but with some elaboration?

#4 The Sponge Wiggler

The Sponge Wiggler

PUNGY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • 26 topics
  • Joined 30-September 15
  • Interests:fuck you

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

fun vibes, i liked the vocal harmonies in the second one

#5 Squee

Squee

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,924 posts
  • 379 topics
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

thanks for the feedback. i'm gonna take a shot at what you suggested. i assume you're imagining the celesta playing something like the vocal notes, which are based on the guitar chords, but with some elaboration?

Yeah, something like that :)

#6 Alan Ord

Alan Ord

1000 Club

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • 101 topics
  • Joined 28-July 14
  • Interests:CRYING IN YOUR FACE

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

The 1st one reminds me of 90's era Turtles cartoons. Actually think there is a lot of potential in this 'area' and would like to hear more. 

2nd one reminds me of Spiritualised - ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space (I don't know what you're singing it could be a cover...)

#7 mammalsolidarity

mammalsolidarity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • 59 topics
  • Joined 09-October 13

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

The 1st one reminds me of 90's era Turtles cartoons. Actually think there is a lot of potential in this 'area' and would like to hear more. 

2nd one reminds me of Spiritualised - ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space (I don't know what you're singing it could be a cover...)

i'll take it! 

re the first: i'm not sure what you mean by this. it reminds you of krang? :) do you have a clip or something to help me out.

re the second: na it's not a cover. the lyrics are "it used to be bands plans and girls / i'd prefer grey hairs and loyal dogs / now everyone only talks about work / it's not so hard to try a little less tonight / we even have old times to talk about now / now everyone only talks about work" you know cuz the shortest route to pop stardom on is through songs about getting older

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quiet, analog, notanalog, lofi