IGNORED

The Stars Look Very Different Today - RIP David Bowie

Soloman Tump

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

definitely a hard one to wrap head around.

it was just in the blackstar thread, mesh gear fox posted something along the lines of talking about the status of bowie and comparing to the beatles. got me thinking how its true that the dude is a living legend and still releasing incredible music. real shocker. he's definitely got that immortal shines forever vibe to him :)

Yeah, this is a big one...

Bowie never really stopped like so many do. His discography is huge and renowned for its quality, consistency and vision. I have only recently been delving into his work in a more concerted sense. Going out with a record like Black Star released only two days ago seems so poetic.

Guest Chesney

Yeah, it does, talk about leaving people talking, he's probably left exactly the way he wanted (obviously he didn't want the Big C)

Shame he won't see the unanimous love for him and his new work.

Been listening to 5live radio all morning and been close to tears on a number of occasions. Some really moving accounts of his life and what his music has meant to people over the years.

One guy said "England has lost its Elvis". Not sure how accurate that is but pretty close I'd say.

Guest Chesney

Elvis was a chump and is nowhere the calibre of Bowie though. I understand why Elvis is as loved as he is, he was new and hit on something that needed to be done. The fans are basically the screaming girls all grown up now whereas Bowie has everyones ear. Fellow musicians, artists, everyone see's he is untouchable in his field.

I'm so saddened about this.

Bowie was the first concert I attended at by myself, when I was 12, on the glass spider tour. I wasn't a huge fan, but, man, he was around for as long as I could remember. it's not that you discovered bowie (like you could discover led zeppelin, or queen, or the who or even the beatles). He was there, and he had always been since I could remember. And that was it.

He was always contemporary, and that's something that very few people can do in their life... to be honest, I think that probably he was the only one. Not even Prince, or Madonna or Michael Jackson can compare. He tried his best at becoming immortal, and damn, he nearly succeeded.

Rest In Peace.

This is actually shocking. Don't know his work much except the big hits (I intend to fix that) but his big return with The Next Day filled me with enthusiasm, seeing such a legend being so... alive and free. I liked that album. I had put Blackstar aside for a proper listen when I have the time. Well, that's now.

RIP you fucking legend

An obscure remix from the 90s, pretty much what David would have sounded like singing over MBM. Jack Dangers also did 3 remixes of Pallas Athena.

http://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-Pallas-Athena/release/558055

And I just watched Labyrinth over Christmas too and had all these childhood memories come flooding back.

This is going to take a while to sink in.

the guitar licks on that track, and most of the album were Stevie Ray Vaughn

fuck, should have bought some david bowie stock before. a new critically acclaimed album and now an unexpected death right after the release will do wonders for bowie related sales. real sad about it now.

fuck, should have bought some david bowie stock before. a new critically acclaimed album and now an unexpected death right after the release will do wonders for bowie related sales. real sad about it now.

are you joking? time & place, this is neither

Archived