IGNORED

The Stars Look Very Different Today - RIP David Bowie

Soloman Tump

I have never heard more than a couple of his well-known songs and have never been a true fan but a song Space Oddity (full version) is one of the best composed pieces of music I have heard in my life. So thanks for that.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complete legend, funny as fuck too. I'll always love him.

he was this funny in person as well ... a genuinely awesome person and one of the least pretentious/precious/egotistical artists i've ever met. a definite exception to the rule that you should never meet your "heroes" ...RIP!

That's awesome, how/why did you guys meet?

Nothing but gratitude for this man and his art. You know you've lived a great life when your death means this much to so many people. Rest in Space.

Heard this news on the Howard Stern show this morning. Stern was a huge Bowie fan, has had him on the show a few times. Bowie even played at his birthday some years ago. Rest in Peace David Bowie, another beautiful human taken too soon by this scourge of the earth, Cancer.

This is what has been playing in the back of my head all morning:

[youtubehd]C-1mYXVP1Ok[/youtubehd]

I always liked this one

Yeah, thats a great track, sad news indeed. I have yet to listen to Blackstar but I may have to do that this evening in his honor.

I was reminded of this photoshop work I did a few years back... The Labyrinth is definitely silent now, although with a more somber tone...

289699_10150441525476089_2005697277_o.jp

I can't believe that David Bowie is dead. I genuinely cannot process this. It feels like some sick death hoax.

May he rest in peace.

[youtubehd]RITHcM6j9CM[/youtubehd]

yep me too.

fun track right there btw.. love that collection of remixes, i remember picking that cd up at a record store when i was like 16 at the peak of my bowie fanaticism.

honestly don't think i've processed this yet because i feel nothing rn. he was old (for a rocker) and gave the world a lot of joy.

i broke down into tears immediately when MCA died, he was 47 and had a lot more to give. now that is a tragedy.

i dunno sometimes when people pass on it's a happy celebration of everything they have achieved and given the world, i feel this more with david...

i dunno sometimes when people pass on it's a happy celebration of everything they have achieved and given the world, i feel this more with david...

seems like he would've wanted it that way as well, based on the lack of publicity about his illness leading up to his death. no prolonged grief.

Archived