IGNORED

The Stars Look Very Different Today - RIP David Bowie

Soloman Tump

I was never a massive fan but this has affected me more than I thought it would.

I feel like I've lost someone really close. I can't explain it.

RIP, a true icon.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never a massive fan but this has affected me more than I thought it would.

RIP, a true icon.

Same here.

I first started getting into Bowie just this month actually with the Blackstar thread, I sought out his earlier albums and was just starting to appreciate what a legend he is.

For some reason this really made me sad today, more so than what I would consider reasonable given that I just started appreciating his music. Really strange...

RIP

RIP, a true icon.

Wow, precisely. I feel it the same.

///

I have been listening to several tunes from the new album and it sounds great. Excellent fluidity, excellent instrumentation and lots of emotions. Really enjoying it.

This is a pretty emotional song to begin with, brought a tear to my eye listening to it just now though.

I think I'll start really discovering his discography. This is great so far.

I listened to "Blackstar" earlier and I had goosebumps the whole way through. What a great way to go out.

Me and the g/f are huge Bowie fans, but oddly today felt more like a celebration of his life than anything (after the initial shock wore off, that is).

Goodbye, sir, and thanks for all the strange and beautiful music.

Fucking Subterraneans, what a track. I've heard it criticised as "just an Eno" track but without the words and the sax it'd be nothing.

It's so weird that Blackstar has gone from being a great Bowie album to basically his way of saying goodbye in the week of its release. Really crazy.

I've never seen a celebrity death cause such a widespread response in my lifetime. Totally fitting of course. Wish I'd been able to be in Brixton this evening where there's a big street party with people celebrating his life.

Complete legend, funny as fuck too. I'll always love him.

he was this funny in person as well ... a genuinely awesome person and one of the least pretentious/precious/egotistical artists i've ever met. a definite exception to the rule that you should never meet your "heroes" ...RIP!

That's awesome, how/why did you guys meet?

i recorded him doing guest vocals on a record i was working on - pretty awesome experience!

Fucking Subterraneans, what a track. I've heard it criticised as "just an Eno" track but without the words and the sax it'd be nothing.

ironic that ppl criticize it as such because actually subterraneans is the most bowie of all these bowie/eno 'ambient' collabs- it was written as part of the soundtrack to "man who fell to earth" that bowie was writing but didn't finish. then in the studio with eno and visconti they reversed the entire song and added vocals/instruments to it.

My co-worker mentioned the news so casually, but it felt like an icicle in my heart.

Thanks for everything David Bowie. You were only visiting Earth anyway.

I've ordered the vinyl for Blackstar, I'm almost scared to listen to it knowing his intentions for the album now....

It must have been very emotional for him, making this album.... kind of his own way of coming to terms with what was about to happen?

no fucking way. what.

RIP :(

edit: somehow I never thought he could actually die

I thought this exact same thing when I heard about it.

RIP, Dave. Back into the stars you go.

I've ordered the vinyl for Blackstar, I'm almost scared to listen to it knowing his intentions for the album now....

It must have been very emotional for him, making this album.... kind of his own way of coming to terms with what was about to happen?

It's quite an album. Rather powerful/painful, but very good. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Archived