IGNORED

BoC remix Mike Patton’s Nevermen

romanticdude

It's different. And surprising, was not expecting anything BoC. A remix, sure, I'll take it. Not their best work, but interesting nonetheless. I understand that DoseOne is an acquired taste, but in small doses he's alright.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking kick-ass remix. I appreciate what nevermen were going for with the original, but as usual, BOC's remix situates the vocals in a much more powerful context. I've found most of their remixes work this way, and in almost every case, I strongly prefer the BOC remix over the original. The one exception is "good friday", which is still a good take on the ideas in the track (especially the sleazy bass line), but I actually prefer Why?'s original version of that track slightly more.

Anyway, just the pleasant surprise that I needed today; my life has turned to almost complete shit over the past three weeks. Like, the worst period of my life. So thanks, BOC, for this happy coincidence.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Love it, it's like true boc layered song, TH synthline, vocals (which I enjoyed btw) and psichedelic beats in tie second half intensifies

Guest Chesney

Original is better. I thought they might have made that chopped vocal arrangement for the remix but no, it's the same and it's the most interesting part of it. The BoC part kinda sits too far back to be anything at all.

(90s Alternate Timeline Mix)

I didn't care for this remix on first listen, but a few days later it's on regular rotation for me. It's rare to hear BoC treat a vocal track and it's refreshing (after my head wrapped around the track that is). Top remix.

I was a little underwhelmed at first listen, but a few more spins and this is really starting to hit me.
I am a big Doseone and BoC fan, but not so much the other members of Nevermen. Doseone's group "Themselves" with producer Jel have made some incredible hip-hop in my opinion. For example:

I always recommend Odd Nosdam to BoC fans for some reason. In my mind he is like the American version of them, for better AND worse. That man has produced some beautiful music. He has a new LP coming out, i am excited at the prospect of a BoC remix coming out of that!

Playing it this morning, it struck me how this isn't even two weeks old but already feels familiar like something I know from a distant past, like a smell from my childhood or something. I'm probably not explaining this very well but *BOC BOC BOC*, basically.

Archived