IGNORED

Moderat - III

header_cover_1-2.jpg

Album is up for preorder in a plethora of different editions with varying amounts of additional content in the form of instrumentals, remixes, etc.

Pre-order: http://www.monkeytownrecords.com/releases/view/171/moderat/mtr063-mtr064-mtr065-moderat-iii

Tracklist:

01: Eating Hooks
02: Running
03: Finder
04: Ghostmother
05: Reminder
06: The Fool
07: Intruder
08: Animal Trails
09: Ethereal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:megafistpump:

Love Moderat, and excited for this release.

Pre-ordered the 2xCD edition, want to see them live again but nearest to me is Bristol and its a Sunday night which is a bit of a bummer.

II took a while to resonate with me, but it eventually became a solid album that still gets repeats now. I guess because it was quite a different tone to the first album.

Their first album only had a few fillers that weren't worth listening to. Album of the year. Their second album had like 3-4 good tracks and I REALLY didn't like the rest of them. I'm worried about their third album.

So this is the last Moderat album then?

Is it? I hope not... Haven't read anything about this being their last one anywhere

Sorry, my mistake, I misinterpreted "…complete the trilogy with III" to mean it was their last.

I think that is correct. I'm waiting endlessly for some new modeselektor stuff, it seems.

Their first album only had a few fillers that weren't worth listening to. Album of the year. Their second album had like 3-4 good tracks and I REALLY didn't like the rest of them. I'm worried about their third album.

You should give II another chance. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally managed to get into it

You should give II another chance. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally managed to get into it

Agreed, it was a grower of an album for me. Doesn't hurt that the bonus track 'last time' is one of the best of the bunch

I think it was hard to take II on its own merit, constantly compared to the first one, which is a shame cause I think it's a decent album overall.

Not worried about III at all, I'm confident it'll be decent and worth waiting for. Gonna see them in London I think, anyone here seem them live yet?

Agreed, it was a grower of an album for me. Doesn't hurt that the bonus track 'last time' is one of the best of the bunch

I've listened to it alot and in my opinion it simply isn't as good as their first one.

1. The Mark - no reason to listen to it

2. Bad Kingdom - great track. Catchy and poppy

3. Versions - great track. Also quite catchy.

4. Let in the Light - super corny.

5. Milk - I see where they were going with this but it's unbearable. When I saw them live it was a lot better because it made sense in the setting we were in.

6. Therapy - again quite corny and those pitched vocals don't do me any good.

7. Gita - I like the simplicity of this one. Again quite catchy and I like the old school sound.

8. Clouded - no reason to listen to it.

9. Ilona - lol, I couldn't even remember this tune when I went through the tracks. I don't like it.

10. Damage Done - super catchy and I really like this one.

11. This Time - super corny. Would never put this on.

12. Last Time - ok.

I think it was hard to take II on its own merit, constantly compared to the first one, which is a shame cause I think it's a decent album overall.

Not worried about III at all, I'm confident it'll be decent and worth waiting for. Gonna see them in London I think, anyone here seem them live yet?

Yeah, I've seen them live twice. First time was fucking amazing. The second time (during the II live shows) it was... ok.

Yeah I wish I saw them live during the first release, really is an exceptional album. Think I'll go and hope for the best. You not bothering with them live then Squee?

Yeah I wish I saw them live during the first release, really is an exceptional album. Think I'll go and hope for the best. You not bothering with them live then Squee?

I'm gonna wait and see what their new album is like before buying any tickets.

Guest MastaN8

I saw both tours, the first was fucking sensory overload, just amazing. The second tour suffered from a different venue... Shortly after Sasha had that fucking brutal scooter accident were he had to relearn how to walk. Is this the first he's toured since that accident?

First show was out of this world amazing. One of the best festival gigs I've ever been too (Glade). The whole crowd was going insane for it, the lights and sound were perfect and it was just one of those evenings at a festival when it all clicks into place.

Second time I saw them was the warehouse project in Manchester, before II was released. Was good but overly crowded. I think they played a couple of tracks off II but it was mainly firsy album stuff. Clark was on after and he was better as the crowd thinned out a fair bit and he smashed it up.

Reflecting the vibes people got from Moderat's first live tour. First saw them at Bloc 2011 and was blown away, totally lush music and visuals. Fell in love with their project there and then.

Seems like Moderat are incredibly popular these days, their London show sold out within minutes. Their Facebook account mentioned booking more live dates so I'm hoping they play closer to north west UK.

Second time I saw them was the warehouse project in Manchester, before II was released. Was good but overly crowded. I think they played a couple of tracks off II but it was mainly firsy album stuff. Clark was on after and he was better as the crowd thinned out a fair bit and he smashed it up.

WHP is always too crowded, they oversell the hell out of that place (At least when they host it in Store Street).

Kind of with Squee on this, II was enjoyable but not as memorable for me, besides this single

• 2 weeks later...

New single "Reminder" is out for streaming on Spotify

http://spoti.fi/1K1xdFD

New live dates up as well: http://moderat.fm/live/

Though in all honesty this single is pretty underwhelming. Lush sounds swapped for something a little more festival headliner friendly imo.

Archived