IGNORED

Squarepusher to release deluxe editions of his classic albums

Herr Jan

I'll just shamelessly rip this from Fact (ha!), haven't seen any other source report it though:

http://www.factmag.com/2016/01/15/squarepusher-warp-deluxe-reissues/

The Warp Records mainstay will launch a reissue program later this year.
The electronic titans have today announced a series of deluxe Squarepusher reissues to be released later this year. They’re yet to reveal which albums will get the reissue treatment, but we’d guess that 1997’s Hard Normal Daddy and 1998’s Music Is Rotted One Note are near the top of the pile for albums, while mid-90s EPs like Port Rhombus and Big Loada are ripe for revisits.
As well as this, Squarepusher has announced three new shows for his Shobaleader One band, in Manchester, Berlin and London. A press release promises “an expanded set that’ll be even more incendiary and dynamic than their auspicious debut.” Those dates follow:
6th May – Gorilla Manchester
7th May – XJAZZ Festival / Lido Berlin
8th May – Islington Assembly Hall London
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, which ones should be reissued? Any guesses?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds deluxxe. If there's extra content, sp monetising what could have been his Soundcloud dump, heh (don't spit out your wheaties tom, it's an obvious joke to make at your expense, over our upcoming out of pocket expense).

I figure Hard Normal Daddy and Big Loada?

Go Plastic I don't know if it's old enough to call "classic".

Would buy these in a heartbeat if they had some extra traxxx from that era

Awesome news! I really hope they reissue feed me weird things, would buy that in a heartbeat.

FMWT was Rephlex.

Not saying it's impossible, just seems less likely?

Awesome news! I really hope they reissue feed me weird things, would buy that in a heartbeat.

FMWT was Rephlex.

Don't forget, Rephlex gave all the rights back the performing artists, so they can do with it whatever they want (hence the bandcamps post-Rephlex). So I guess it's as likely as any other older Squarepusher album from Warp :)

Awesome news !!! Of course a FMWT reissue would be amazeballs. I think Go Plastic could fit in the "classic" category tho - even Ultravisitor could be "enhanced". Can't wait to see what Warp has to offer, it is probably my only hope to purchase some old school Squarepusher vinyls !

Also, +1 for Autechre collector editions!

FMWT was Rephlex.

Don't forget, Rephlex gave all the rights back the performing artists, so they can do with it whatever they want (hence the bandcamps post-Rephlex). So I guess it's as likely as any other older Squarepusher album from Warp :)

Good point, I forgot about that actually. Thank you!

I hope it won't be vinyl only.

As that seems to be the de rigeur these days for reissues, I would be surprised if good old CDs were part of that. Still, they provide download codes with vinyl these days, so just think of them as really expensive MP3s.

if there's no additional content then i'm not interested. i'd love all kinds of alternate versions or additional material for "Go Plastic". a massive dump of tweaky acid breaks would be nice.

edit: perhaps the deluxe additions will come with a big LED EDM helmets? zing! couldn't resist

Don't you guys think it could have something to do with the Shobaleader acoustic sets tho ? Like : Hard Normal Daddy + a second disc of the Shobaleader acoustic jazz cover version ?

brain kind of melting at the possibility of a second disc to any of the "classic" albums.

^^this.. yeah.. another EPs worth of tunes for any of my favs would be a cherished thing. even just alternate versions of some tracks would be cool. fingers crossed for go plastic era nuttery. that shit is tops imo.

Archived