Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?

o00o

Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Replace in what sense? In that in an alternate universe where AE_LIVE wasn't released we'd already have a new studio album? I've never like these kind of "what if" games. They've released live stuff, they'll also release "studio" stuff in the near future, and that's it

Replace in what sense? In that in an alternate universe where AE_LIVE wasn't released we'd already have a new studio album? I've never like these kind of "what if" games. They've released live stuff, they'll also release "studio" stuff in the near future, and that's it

their LP release cycle is every 2 years. this time we got AE_LIVE instead. thats it? yes/no?

I voted 'no', the studio dimension remains indispensable for me, but in the recesses of my consciousness is the idea that AE_LIVE is the new formula chosen by Autechre to present an album. I have the impression that if years ago there were two identity (studio and live, with different approaches), today they have finally converged into one face.

I hope to be wrong.

Well I started reading the AAA thread again some days ago and within the first pages they said they were working on their live program, to improve its stability. I guess for the past years they were working almost exclusively on their system which ultimately led to the AE_Live album (I guess). They were planning on delivering those beasts at one point of their carreer for sure.

So I think the path they took with the AE_Live project is both a studio and a live approach. It has then to be considered as a proper release, especially when you think about it as two years of intense work and preparation.

BUT ! It's not an album per se - no physical release marking a new point in their discography and no promo of course, but also no "tracks" well identified developing a bunch of ideas. The live itself IS an idea, a colossal one even, but is it enough to speak of an album ?

It's all about your own definition of what an album is really. To me it isn't one, I don't know if they plan on releasing an album soonich but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case !

The real question should be: when will people clean up their discography on discogs now that every single version of this set (as well as a total package titled Ae_Live, including only the first four sets) has been categorized as a separate official album? It's a fucking mess.

They have always done separate live sets to studio albums.. just this time they decided to release it. So I think its a no

Having said that this will keep my entertained for a long time to come so even if theres not an album proper for awhile am more than happy

The question contains assumptions that I don't accept.

their LP release cycle is every 2 years. this time we got AE_LIVE instead. thats it? yes/no?

I don't think you understand what a "cycle" is.

Since there are 4 album length live sets, AE_LIVE is intended to cover the next 4 spaces in the cycle. So next studio album is due sometime after 2024.

Which 4 out of the 9 are you specifically referring to?

Hasn't there always been live-only material parallel to the album? I mean in AAA Sean was talking about having 350 hours of jams to trawl through. I seriously doubt they're short on material.

I think they put most of their energy for the last 18 months or so into the live system so they haven't had the chance to work on an album. Now that they're done touring I'd bet they're ready to switch back into album mode.

Archived