IGNORED

Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?

o00o

Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Did AE_LIVE replace a new LP?

Since there are 4 album length live sets, AE_LIVE is intended to cover the next 4 spaces in the cycle. So next studio album is due sometime after 2024.

LALALALALALALALALALALA

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's whatever you want it to be. It's pretty reasonable to assume that they'll release something new in some form at some point in the future (brown), whether its sooner or later is anyone's guess.

Yeye we'd all love new autechre but sometimes just need to chillax and go appreciate their massive body of (aewesome) work to date. I'm not even a completist yet there's some 36+ hours of ae in my library and that's not even including remixes or the 12-hr broadcasts.

Since there are 4 album length live sets, AE_LIVE is intended to cover the next 4 spaces in the cycle. So next studio album is due sometime after 2024.

Which 4 out of the 9 are you specifically referring to?

The 4 that came with the download I bought from bleep (or warp? Or some special site made specifically for the album? I don't recall... whatever the first offical download was).

no because:

1. no real promotion from warp.

2. wishful thinking. (not because those sets aren't worthy, far from it, but the more chre the better)

What I was thinking really.

If Warp aren't involved somehow then this mean it's their "releasing hours of live shit on our own" side project.

However, they would still have to do a proper album release with tracks and art, or at-least what ever their contract with Warp stipulates.

The 4 that came with the download I bought from bleep (or warp? Or some special site made specifically for the album? I don't recall... whatever the first offical download was).

Dude, there are fucking 9 of them now. Seriously, get on that shit.

Dude, there are fucking 9 of them now. Seriously, get on that shit.

:emb::cry:

I still have the original 4 only

seppuku****

Well I'll be damned! Never got the memo for that. How is it not at the top of the New Releases subforum? I've still only listened to one of the original four. It is going to take me so long to get around to hearing all this! I'm not even halfway through the Bowie discog. :catrage:

Replace in what sense?

Since they've never had more than 3 years between albums before, I took the question to mean "does the release of AE_LIVE mean there won't be a new studio album in 2016?". I voted yes (but would love to be proved wrong of course).

no because:

2. wishful thinking. (not because those sets aren't worthy, far from it, but the more chre the better)

If Warp aren't involved somehow then this mean it's their "releasing hours of live shit on our own" side project.

However, they would still have to do a proper album release with tracks and art, or at-least what ever their contract with Warp stipulates.

Warp (Bleep, whatever, it's the same thing) seems to be in complete control of the AE_LIVE releases though, at least as far as hosting and such. So I'm sure they're getting a cut of those sales, though possibly less than a normal digital album sale (as there was almost no promotion for these releases).

sent using magic space waves

It's pretty obvious they're not the only releases, Warp didn't advertise them AT ALL on the front page of the Bleep website.

Unless something has changed and Sam and Bobtechre have fulfilled their contract and are no longer interested in making money, there will be another release for this reason I think, otherwise AE_LIVE would have been advertised.

Just what I think.

That being said, if they are the only release then I am still extremely well beyond satisfied because these are the greatest musical creations I've ever heard

no because:

Warp (Bleep, whatever, it's the same thing) seems to be in complete control of the AE_LIVE releases though, at least as far as hosting and such. So I'm sure they're getting a cut of those sales, though possibly less than a normal digital album sale (as there was almost no promotion for these releases).

Oh. I don't think warp and bleep are the same thing(?) Are they? Bleep is a virtual music store right? Whereas Warp are the record label, am I right?

So anyways. This is what I'm going by. Just went to warps.net autechre's artist page -> releases - and no mention of AE_Live

...I still believe AE_live something that they have seen through on their own terms using bleep and making their own store "AE store" to release this stuff which warp records have nothing to do with. I might be wrong - but I doubt it. They'll be releasing new stuff through warp (proper) unless their contract is up(?) with them. Which again I doubt.

no because:

Oh. I don't think warp and bleep are the same thing(?) Are they? Bleep is a virtual music store right? Whereas Warp are the record label, am I right?

So anyways. This is what I'm going by. Just went to warps.net autechre's artist page -> releases - and no mention of AE_Live

...I still believe AE_live something that they have seen through on their own terms using bleep and making their own store "AE store" to release this stuff which warp records have nothing to do with. I might be wrong - but I doubt it. They'll be releasing new stuff through warp (proper) unless their contract is up(?) with them. Which again I doubt.

Bleep is owned by Warp innit

Yeah Bleep is Warp's venture. I think the artist stores thing they're doing with AE (and others, though I forgot who...) where it's sort of separate but not entirely is very experimental and they're just sort of testing the waters with that sort of model.

personally I still suspect that soon will be published other livesets (USA Tour): only when the project will be completed, will see the release on the autechre's Warp page, with a normal promotion and - why not? - a physical release of the same stuff.

Anyway, on Discogs is clearly written that:
1) each live is an album
2) every live is under warp
If Discogs was wrong, Warp would definitely intervened, ergo: AE_LIVE project is the new album.

Why are you so certain that Warp would care if a Discogs page for one of their artists is wrong? Do they have a history of pointing out discrepancies there or something, because that sounds totally out of their hands. I'm not too familiar with Discogs really, but isn't the content totally user created and checked, essentially Wikipedia-ish?

Well, not long ago a friend found some errors in his discography on Discogs: he wrote an email to the site, claiming to be the musician himself, and within a few days Discogs dealt corrections.

To be honest, I do not know how it works Discogs, but this episode made me think that there are managers behind. and if the editors of the site lent immediate listening to a musician so little as my friend is ( ONQ ), i imagine that the greater attention paid to names like Autechre.

At the same time I assume that neither the warp rec. nor the same Autechre, may accept major errors on one of the main websites dedicated to music: : if there were any errors on Discogs they would notice immediately, and have demanded corrections. I suppose that big realities as Warp and Discogs are used to communicate each other. It 'a common interest.

I have a feeling AE_LIVE isn't the end of this 'release period' or whatever. I hope to see an LP or EP or something even if that is a little greedy :P it would be understandable if this is is all we are getting though because the sets are phonomenal. what would be fucking cool would be an AE_LIVE app where we can interact with these patches directly... That's obviously wishful thinking though

Archived