autechre live on NTS radio this friday

d-a-m-o

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! I'm SO recording this.

<3 NTS

Ace, thanks in advance!

NTS makes all their broadcasts available too so it's not mandatory at all, but just to be sure :)

My body is so ready for this.

happy_2016217c.jpg

AEEE

thanks for the haeds up herr jaen :beer:

Kinda weird they went for a track from 20 years ago to advertise it. Makes me think it's more likely to be a dj set for some reason. Still though, wicked to see ae out and about so much this year, i'm gonna miss them when they go back into hibernation

happy_2016217c.jpg

AEEE

kek

I really hope it's a DJ set of new shit. Not theirs necessarily (though wouldn't that be the bee's knees? a set of unreleased AE?) but of shit that is more current that they're into; I say this because SO MUCH of their DJ sets in the past are full of, well, the past. Which is great, but I want to hear what came out in the current decade that they're into, even if it's weird as hell and I don't like any of it, it'd be better than hearing them drop Depeche Mode's "Now This Is Fun" for the 10th time. (No offense, I love DM)

Also an hour long live performance would be fucking killer but I just can't imagine that happening. The world is not deserving enough for that to happen.

Would love to hear them do another megamix like the 03 and 08 BBC radio broadcasts, those are easily some of their most amazon and under-appreciated work. Like the part in the 2008 set when they drop Drane over Davy DMX + Planet Rock - to paraphrase former watmm curmudgeonly cunt Dr Clitterhouse, it's like if you're a dj/mixologist hearing these you can't help but ask yourself why bother trying.

Would love to hear them do another megamix like the 03 and 08 BBC radio broadcasts, those are easily some of their most amazon and under-appreciated work. Like the part in the 2008 set when they drop Drane over Davy DMX + Planet Rock - to paraphrase former watmm curmudgeonly cunt Dr Clitterhouse, it's like if you're a dj/mixologist hearing these you can't help but ask yourself why bother trying.

I love those, definitely under-appreciated you're right. Piezo blending with Lyrics of Fury is euphoric every time in the Mary Ann Hobbs mix.

Archived