IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

So maybe i'm jumping the gun a bit here but with the tour announcements today, i think this thread is justified....? Plus watmm is my main source for music news so would be good to have this thread for any news with regards to the release.

For those who haven't seen, today radiohead were announced as headliners for three festivals this year (http://www.wasteheadquarters.com/schedule) and also the twitter account Chieftan Mews has suddenly become active again, posting the usual cryptic messages that have come before other radiohead releases.

He's tweeted this picture: http://imgur.com/WvLvDO3, and also the Dirac equation: http://imgur.com/fiUr1jZ

Also according to Primavera the live set will be a new album (http://www.primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?id=1418)

So yeah, looks like it won't be long. Dunno how interested everyone here is in radiohead, and i can't say i listen to them much anymore, but i used to love them and they're pretty much the reason i got into ae and aphex, so i'm always interested in hearing what they do next.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

don't think you're jumping the gun at all.. shit's imminent :)

http://pitchfork.com/news/62787-radiohead-form-new-company-raising-speculation-new-album-is-imminent/

"In October, the members of Radiohead created a new company called Dawn Chorus LLP, as Radiohead forum At Ease points out (via Reddit and Consequence of Sound). It's notable because the band took similar steps ahead of releasing their last two albums, 2007's In Rainbows and 2011's The King of Limbs.
In July 2007, they founded Xurbia Xendless Ltd., which released In Rainbows in October 2007. In December 2010, they founded Ticker Tape Ltd., which released The King of Limbs in February 2011. If you put stock in this timeline, that would mean Radiohead are intending to release their new album sometime soon. "

Guest bitroast

this is mostly a reply to "I don't really listen to them very much anymore but I'll be up for some new tunes"

last album was 5 years ago and even then felt like an overly generous EP more than a full album to really sink and dig into. (altho i did like TKOL don't get me wrong!).

in rainbows was over 8 yeas ago ...

i have high hopes for something special too, tbh.

thanx for the necrophilia radiohed

i hope that doesn't mean it's depressing as fuck even for them, like hail to the thief depressing

Do you even depress, bro?

The 'Head represent nearly 30 years of mope. Aphex fans ask for a snare rush while Thom Yorke fans ask for a despair rush.

i thought king of limbs was the right amount of depressing/weird, also that spectre track/staircase imo. I just meant plz radiohead don't go full-on depressing mode

I don't listen as much to Radiohead as I once did, but they will certainly always be one of those few acts for who I would wake up at 2am, download latest release and listen to it all night long in feverish euphoria. I even reactivate my long defunct atease account and post a little around each LP release, even if I no longer engage in LP discussion anymore (LP7 was certainly my hype "era").

I really enjoyed the recent Thom and AFP LPs, but thought the Spectre track was fairly bleh. Part of me worries that they might not even manage TKOL level quality again, and that the group is about to finally fragment, but hope to be proven wrong.

Looks like Massive Attack also just released an EP.

Another festival date announced:

top_lineup.jpg

That logo for their name has appeared on a couple of the other festival announcement posters, so possibly the logo for lp9? Not really a fan of it tbh and people are pointing out it looks weirdly similar to coldplay's:

Coldplay_MX_logo_black.png

Kinda ironic considering some people refer to coldplay as discount radiohead

I'm not sure having the void in the letters filled count as being similar

Yeah maybe not, but at a glance you really don't see the similarity? Doesn't really make a difference either way just thought it was kinda funny with the comparisons between the two bands that are often flying about

• 1 month later...
Guest bitroast

i definitely blew my load a little when i saw them change their facebook profile pic, prior to realising it was coinciding with the world tour announcement.

12821569_10153283640482245_5115522513668

Archived