IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you buy the special edition you get this:

This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.

The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...

Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.

We have copies. Don't worry.

:psyduck:

good lord what did they do to identikit

yeah, now I see why it isn't the single. Heh.

Still liked the track quite a bit, just not as poppy.

Thom Yorke's voice is the best it's been in a while!

Will say Identikit is a tiny bit jarring, kinda like when aphex released xmas evet when we had the live version forever. Feels real different. We actually had idenikit live for around the same amount of time xmas evet was live until their respective releases. Identikit is a totally different beast.

2nd run, definitely better on headphones i think. there's so much stuff going on that needs more accuracy and detail.

really lush album on the first listen, lush in a very literal sense, this kind of 70's psych, analogue lushness with all those synths and orchestra swirls.

decks dark and the numbers are elite Radiohead tracks. This LP has the potential to be their best since Kid A for me.

i had a little weep to true love waits. absolutely phenomenal version btw, and a brave decision to move away from the guitar-y version.

Like no one was expecting True Love Waits I think. I was very surprised to see it on here :)

Damn, Thom's going to be playing a LOOOOT of piano during their live performances this time around.

Guest bitroast

will probably just get jonny or some bald guy to play the piano so thom can dance around on stage

a couple of highlights from the guardian comments

impetusturn

7m ago

Shit Into A Light Bulb not included on the album?

MrStan 1h ago

A moon-shaped poo.

Kungfulil 2h ago

A total Coldplay rip off.

youcantalk Kungfulil 1h ago

Jesus if you wanted to rip something off coldplay would be the last place I would look to.

devanand54 Kungfulil 1h ago

lol, I'm afraid you got that turned around. Chris Martin said once that he dreamed of being Thom Yorke...

Jedy123 Kungfulil 1h ago

You can spot the Radiohead influence in Coldplay's early career a mile off.

ReplyReport

Loading…

Wellplastic Kungfulil 1h ago

Chris Martin once said that Coldplay were 'Radiohead-lite' ...

mauritianarian benzedrine 1h ago

you're missing a Ful Stop there

mitchward1971 mauritianarian 27m ago

A full stop you are missing there

mauritianarian mitchward1971 28m ago

must've been Daydreaming

Archived