IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this streaming anywhere other than tidal (don't want to make an acct) or itunes/apple music (fuck apple products) ?

Not a radiohead fan but want to stream it to check it out.

good lord what did they do to identikit

made it freaking brilliant, easily my fav from the first listen.

gotta disagree with you there. i'm a big fan of the live version they performed during the last tour but imo on the album the percussion is weak and that choral part a third of the way through sounds really odd and out of place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkROR4itLKc

My first listen was through headphones. Stunning. Look forward to revisiting. The bass is super warm and his vox are so perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Guest bitroast

ye. ye. ye. ye.

first listen i was enjoying it (the production is particularly lush) but some of the tracks felt like they dragged on or had some a-little-too-loose singing or something ?? and the tracklist seemed a bit haphazard and hard to sink into.

2nd listen and it's already a great deal nicer on the ears. the eccentric tracklisting is nice once the wee bit of familiarity kicks in. very much enjoying this one :^) has the in rainbows vibes. has the blues vibes that were hinted at during HTTT. interesting melodies and nice tunes. nice stuff :^) :^( :^)

What does the title refer too? "A moon shaped pool" , something to do with the moon phase changing water tides, our bodies are mostly water, how can we not expect it to be effected by the moon.

our bodies are mostly water, how can we not expect it to be effected by the moon.

because we understand how gravity works.

What does the title refer too? "A moon shaped pool" , something to do with the moon phase changing water tides, our bodies are mostly water, how can we not expect it to be effected by the moon.

a lot of people think it has to do with the rise in sea levels after global warming.

It's a Moon Cup reference. If pulled out of the vagina improperly, they spill menstruation. Thom had a huge tirade about the carbon footprint of feminine products awhile back.

A Moon Shaped Poon

good lord what did they do to identikit

made it freaking brilliant, easily my fav from the first listen.

gotta disagree with you there. i'm a big fan of the live version they performed during the last tour but imo on the album the percussion is weak and that choral part a third of the way through sounds really odd and out of place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkROR4itLKc

I like the new version, remains to be seen if I'll like it as much as the original. I see what they were doing, they were trying to make it 'fit in' with the album's aesthetic. Its a very calm album. I like what they did with Ful Stop more than Identikit, at least so far.

I used to be a big RH fanboy probably some time into the In Rainbows era. They're still one of my top favorite artists, but don't obsessively keep up with new songs debuted live and the like. So, this is my first time hearing Identikit at all, and I was quite blown away. About halfway through my first listen of the album and I love it so far.

My Mom insisted i play "There There" 4 times tonight. Her favorite song. put her in good spirits. Nice video too

Since in rainbows, I have been very dissapointed with them or Thom side projects.

Half way in this album and this is definitely the best thing Ive heard from them since in rainbows!

A mole shaped goon.

It's not on Spotify. No candy over the day. Just w ork. Will report back in 8 hours with hopefully an Ideoteque dance style state of mind.

The production on this album is no-holds-barred, particularly the filamentous piano tendrils that seem to drape themselves across the stereosphere of much of the album's quieter moments!

One listen in and loving this. Initial favs are Daydreamers, Ful Stop & The Numbers.

Archived