IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

Hey wait so if i buy the vinyl i don't get a download until June 17th? That's ridiculous! I can't understand this decision at all.

Anyone know of anywhere that's selling the vinyl with instant download?

It's also kinda weird how bleep has the limited edition opaque white vinyl but the official album shop doesn't.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

feels like a follow up to In Rainbows. :^)

not that TKOL is a bad album or anything .

Hey wait so if i buy the vinyl i don't get a download until June 17th? That's ridiculous! I can't understand this decision at all.

What I also don't understand is that buying the CD does NOT provide a download...

What do they want me to do? Buy the CD and wait for June 17th before hearing it? Or buy the cd AND the damn download separately, making me pay for the same album twice? This pushes people towards piracy. I find it weird.

Guest bitroast

if you pirate it you may as well not buy the cd and wait til june for it to arrive.

agreed, its utterly absurd options.

Guest bitroast

*scratches back of neck* uhhh..

bought the mp3. will just wait for HEAVYWEIGHT 2xLP to be available in shops to drop more $$

feels like a follow up to In Rainbows. :^)

not that TKOL is a bad album or anything .

I listened to In Rainbows the other day, must be my favourite Radiohead album. But when I put TKOL on afterwards, I felt such a relief. In Rainbows is very gentle and emotional and all, and TKOL is more fun and groovy. Good alubumu, too short, but also perfect as well.

if you pirate it you may as well not buy the cd and wait til june for it to arrive.

agreed, its utterly absurd options.

Also a funny contrast to In Rainbows "pay what you want, fuck the system" method, and now it's all over iTunes, Amazon, Tidal...

Quick (maybe stupid) question. Are there any downsides to coloured vinyls? Just about to grab the opaque white one off bleep but i feel like i read on here something about coloured vinyls not lasting as long as standard? I really have no idea about this stuff. Sorry to tangent a little bit

Guest bitroast

should be totally fine.

picture discs are the big one to avoid. coloured vinyl from 90s was done in different manner and also avoid. coloured vinyl today should be no dif to black vinyl (i believe!)

the thom yorke most recent album tomorrows modern boxes is white and sounds lusho.

should be totally fine.

picture discs are the big one to avoid. coloured vinyl from 90s was done in different manner and also avoid. coloured vinyl today should be no dif to black vinyl (i believe!)

the thom yorke most recent album tomorrows modern boxes is white and sounds lusho.

safe man. gonna buy now

Yeah I was confused by the pricing and lack of downloads with physical, Seems weird for Radiohead to now be doing price structures which seem to screw the fans a bit

Anyhow the music is more important and that is sounding gorgeous! :) defiantly radiohead at their most chilled out and pretty and sounds awesome production wise Will take a few more listens to properly sink in but sounding like another classic from them

Bought it already. Despite 11.x I paid 16.50 EUR for 24Bit WAV. OK I don't care.

After a lose listen I think: Goof music?! And: it's a return to more classic HTTT etc. Radiohead, not so much electronica, I wished for more, but not a problem for me and I guess many who didn't like the ...IDM... route will maybe re-appreciate RH. I think RH don't have to do too many electronics. Thom can do it in his Thom-only project.

There were some talkings about his degrading voice... I think he's perfectly alright! Hope we will see more of RH and some more electronica of Thom! And I wish for even more Greenwood style influence for Radiohead.

Favourites, may change: Identikit, Burn the witch, and all other tracks.

just listened to king of limbs as never really listened before, find it a lot more ballsy. moon is a bit pale & conservative in comparison, its actually a bit of an anti grower, getting less interesting with each listen, now checking out rainbows

had to skip 15 step, watched the shred to many times eh

LOLOLO.

Guys. Back to topic. Decks Dark 1:20++, how gorgeous is this?! This track. OMG it is what I am searching for.

The darkest hour of Decks Dark is my best friend. Oh, what does it say about me. However I am floating in some other space now. How is this track possible. I'm out. It's directly connected to my mind. It's possible it is eating my soul now.

DECKS DARK

The darkest hour of Decks Dark is my best friend. Oh, what does it say about me. However I am floating in some other space now. How is this track possible. I'm out. It's directly connected to my mind. It's possible it is eating my soul now.

DECKS DARK

Also my favourite track. The elation that I got listening to the following through headphones... :closedeyes::wtf:

*edit* Just relistened and Thom sings this bit with a bit of groove and swag

But it was just a lie, just a lie

Just a lie, just a lie

Even at this angle

And so we crumble

No problem for me. Decks Dark is steadily and super fast climbing to reach the peak of my overall favourite Radiohead track. This track live in concert, would be so good.

This album is beautiful, I'll admit TKOL never really grabbed me, though I probably owe it a few re-listens. This one though, it's amazing start to finish.

Decks Dark is definitely one of the standouts.

bought the special edition with wav download as fast as i could. has been on repeat since yesterday and i still dont really have many words yet. it is heartbreaking, fragile and cinematic. so damn good. more than i expected.

Archived