Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Hey wait so if i buy the vinyl i don't get a download until June 17th? That's ridiculous! I can't understand this decision at all.

What I also don't understand is that buying the CD does NOT provide a download...

What do they want me to do? Buy the CD and wait for June 17th before hearing it? Or buy the cd AND the damn download separately, making me pay for the same album twice? This pushes people towards piracy. I find it weird.

Yeah bought the vinyl but didn't realise the download was only with the special edition. *sigh* off to pirate bay then I guess.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after i saw them live for the moon shaped ass tour, it was striking how boring the new material was. night and day compared to the old stuff, it really stuck out like a sore thumb. its not terrib

Daydreaming always reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmO7TdQfcKs

anyone heard if they’re ever gonna finish this? these demos they put out are okay at times but still waiting on the actual album to pass judgment.     

good album, but there's just one thing i don't understand. true love waits.... why? for starters, i prefer the version on i might be wrong. but more importantly: why now? why this track here on this album...?? bweee!

it's a good album and this was my last bit of whining bitchiness wrt this album... :S

Guest bitroast

good album, but there's just one thing i don't understand. true love waits.... why? for starters, i prefer the version on i might be wrong. but more importantly: why now? why this track here on this album...?? bweee!

it's a good album and this was my last bit of whining bitchiness wrt this album... :S

reason a.

it suits the mood of the album and emotions of the album. the album seems pretty somber throughout. it's a song they never omitted to an album and it seems like a good opportunity to put it on now. + the track is killer. i've always loved the track but the extra melodies that overlay on top + the bass hit on certain lyrics reeeally hits the spot for me :'( !!!

i feel the melody writing ( jonny orchrestration skillz ) are pretty top notch on this album and im happy true love waits got some album inclusion finally with added harmonies.

or,... reason b.

the album is just a mish mash carefree attempt at recording tracks, old and new ... and they needed something to end the album with.

Fav track after first couple of listens: Decks Dark

mmmmmm :wub:

reason a is enuf btw! (because kid a ...) ;D

Edited by goDel
Guest bitroast

Word is this is their swan song.

Couple listens in and loving it.

that word floats around every radiohead album. putting nude on in rainbows was evidence that it was their swansong 'back in the day'.

The first few listens were kind of dull, but i think its starting to click. The first two tracks are kind of skippable in my mind.

The noise fx throughout the album and specifically at the end of 'Tinker Tailor..." sound exactly like how the album cover looks, to my mind!

Pristine beautiful production. I wish Thom got his wail on in a song or two, but no real complaint here.

my faves at the moment are Glass Eyes and Identikit.

Yay!

It's a grower for me. I'm not a huge RH fanboy, but I really enjoyed In Rainbows. This new one isn't as immediate for me though.

True Love Waits is their 100th album track.

Isn't that nice? :)

Word is this is their swan song.

wtf with this? ridiculous speculation with no reason. I can't stand it. they're obviously firing on all cylinders creatively and owe nothing to no one. why hang it up in secret?

fuck that noise

Decks Dark caused my knees to collapse this morning.

The maximalist approach to these tracks is so inspiring to me; every little nook is filled with these little melodic filigrees that mat and layer to create these billowing tapestries of sound. I've heard it done before but it's executed so peerlessly here... Ambient piano album Godrich & RH pls.

The production is fantastic.

Not sure about the songwriting.

I Think the band carried Yorke this time.

Man I don't really care for Decks Dark and yet all you guys are getting off to it. I am jealous. Hehe. Maybe it'll click one day.

So good, unlike anything ever before, mellow, energetic and a departure from the king of limbs.

I'm still a first impression, but all signs point to yes. Thom and Johnny are black balling fools in this game.

The guitar is mixed to perfection, the piano is perfect and expansive, the lead track is an ace single and each track. Journey through a matrix of emotion and subtle hints of a saturated cry reverberate into destiny. The percussive poly rhythms on the electronic drums sound so think and luscious. Great drumming, boss bass.ines., it's moody, in all the right ways. Wild to think from kid a to this and all in all they are a sum of their part, you can hear It in the tone of the record. They are professional, the best band with the best production, and they're at a point in their carrier where they are their own influence. A moon shaped pool reminds me of kid a, in the mood wise, it's a tale of a group that manifests their own sound. Complete.

Getting some Suicide vibes on Ful Stop. Thomy Teardrop!

i thought that as well, i also got a little bit of a modern scott walker vibe off it (the sorta mangled pseudo-master musicians of jojouka horn type stuff and even some of the vocal phrasing).

Edited by kaini

Don't know Scott Walker but it looks like I need to. I love the Suicide catch. To me, it was pure Krautrock

he ain't easy listening

here come dat voice! o shit waddup

Edited by kaini

In Decks Dark, the choir adds so much to an already perfect situation. Reminds me of the choir in Ralph Vaughan Williams Sinfonia Antarctica.