IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

Listened to it last night for the first time. I was too tired and distracted to appreciate it, I think. Skipped around after the first full play through but nothing really grabbed me.

Put on the headphones and gave it a proper go today. Much better. I think this one is right up there with their best.

That meandering piano in The Numbers. Yes.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So good, unlike anything ever before, mellow, energetic and a departure from the king of limbs.

I'm still a first impression, but all signs point to yes. Thom and Johnny are black balling fools in this game.

The guitar is mixed to perfection, the piano is perfect and expansive, the lead track is an ace single and each track. Journey through a matrix of emotion and subtle hints of a saturated cry reverberate into destiny. The percussive poly rhythms on the electronic drums sound so think and luscious. Great drumming, boss bass.ines., it's moody, in all the right ways. Wild to think from kid a to this and all in all they are a sum of their part, you can hear It in the tone of the record. They are professional, the best band with the best production, and they're at a point in their carrier where they are their own influence. A moon shaped pool reminds me of kid a, in the mood wise, it's a tale of a group that manifests their own sound. Complete.

Cool post, you should be their press officer :)

Some tracks on here have a Neil Young playing over Journey in Satchadanada-Alice Coltrane kind of thing going on which is pretty dope, IMO

better than terminal redux, worse than defenders of the faith. 6.8/10

(...) and they're at a point in their carrier where they are their own influence.

yeah no shit, dose vokills on daydreaming totally be like motion picture soundtrack :O ...

decks dark is totally teardrop tho. and identikit verse reminds me of that awful eminem tune with dildo. still fav track! that choir stuff in the middle features some really nice productions.

it's ok to be whiney!

2nd or 3rd listen in now.

The guitar riff to Present Tense is so close to this track by Portishead. Practically the same chords in places.

I adore the track all the same like!

The guitar riff to Present Tense is so close to this track by Portishead. Practically the same chords in places.

Guest bitroast

the song writing is sooooo good on this album.

i sincerely hope this is a sign of the band growing and finding new ways to write music + incorporate jonnys skillz as a composer. the melodies + thom singing is just so good.

Yeah, I think I've seen that actually.

I suppose it's nice to think it influenced their songwriting as a jam track for thom and jonny really.

Love me some Portishead.

On Daydreaming I love how they don't hit the lower resolution notes until 5 minutes when the cello or whatever comes in. It's such a nice nuance to not go right for the face from 3:57 to 5 mins even though it seems like the main chorus 'payoff' but hold it and then hit it. lots of other good moments

For the majority of the track, daydreaming is so ethereal it barely feels like it's there at all. Then in the later bits everything gets tied together. It's pretty fucking magical.

I was just listening to the 'I might be wrong' version of True Love Waits. Considering it was originally written when Thom met Rachel, and finally got a studio version after they parted... damn. Right in the fuckin feels.

Archived