IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, that's the same place where Push the sky Away by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds was recorded. Another favourite lush-sounding album.

*adds to the dream lottery-winning-places-I-want-to-record list.

Some sleuth over at reddit noticed that Thom walks through 23 doors in the Daydreaming video. He was in his relationship for 23 years.

Great album.

this. i'm convinced the video is meant to be played backwards. watch it - it's exponentially more powerful and symbolic (closing doors on parts of his life, he's now going towards the exit signs, and how it ends):

Some sleuth over at reddit noticed that Thom walks through 23 doors in the Daydreaming video. He was in his relationship for 23 years.

Great album.

this. i'm convinced the video is meant to be played backwards. watch it - it's exponentially more powerful and symbolic (closing doors on parts of his life, he's now going towards the exit signs, and how it ends):

sponsored by boc

Even Daydreaming which I wasn't so keen on has become hooked inside me. This album makes TKOL sound like summat they threw together on a tea break.

I reversed the reversed version of the video, muted it, and then played Dark Side of the Moon, starting at :17 seconds into the album with the beginning of the reversed reverse video. And ate a cupcake.

Nothing happened. I did fart at some point though.

I know it's only been like 5 days but this is up there amongst their best work. seriously good.

I hope there's a webcast or from the basement or another one of their goodies that usually comes a little while after their albums come out.

Guest bitroast

agreed !! maybe with the LCO this time eh ? :^)

also agreed that it could be their best. its totally subjective .. ofc. with so many good albums under their belt (and diff styles, this being more laid back and sombre) .. itd be impossible to point at one and say this is the best. but shit.. i like this album :^)

I've only listened once so far... I feel like I can't listen to this unless I'm going to immerse myself in it 100%. With most albums I just listen while I'm walking or bussing wherever. But this album's all like "no, you need to go sit quietly in a forest/at the ocean/on a mountain or you're missing everything!!" F U Radiohead.

Yeah I dunno, not feeling this one atm. Don't hate it but it's not made much of an impression yet.

listened about 6 or 7 times now and I really can't recall much of it after listening beyond track 1, 2 and 11.

A grower I guess (hope)

Yeah I dunno, not feeling this one atm. Don't hate it but it's not made much of an impression yet.

listened about 6 or 7 times now and I really can't recall much of it after listening beyond track 1, 2 and 11.

A grower I guess (hope)

Yeah man, it's got hooks out the ass but they are slow to reveal. I'm all in on Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Identikit, Present Tense at the moment. Other tracks need to grow a bit more. But yeah... sort of need to actively listen to it for it to really register.

I've only listened once so far... I feel like I can't listen to this unless I'm going to immerse myself in it 100%. With most albums I just listen while I'm walking or bussing wherever. But this album's all like "no, you need to go sit quietly in a forest/at the ocean/on a mountain or you're missing everything!!" F U Radiohead.

haha right on. it is a demanding album, but just as rewarding

Guest WNS000

I hope there's a webcast or from the basement or another one of their goodies that usually comes a little while after their albums come out.

I LOVE their "basement" videos! I really hope there will be one. They are such a great musicians with great feel and chemistry.

haha right on. it is a demanding album, but just as rewarding

very much so, but that's why I respect A Moon Shaped Pool even more (especially in this day and age)

Archived