IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tinker is so oyeahgrowing. Decks Dark is #1. Then Witch/Identikit. Witch has so much energy. Identikit is joy.

This has just got better and better for me. Identikit is chock full of hooks and moments where different hooks and harmonies writhe in and out of each other in different ways, but all fits together as a straightforward song. Excellent. Glass Eyes is great as well, a bit like a mix of some Frank Ocean song (not sure which one it is) and Rats Nest.

Overall it's a very woozy, dreamy album but once you get a handle on how the tunes and motifs fit together it has a lot more clarity and cohesion than the production seems at first.

Radiohead does Sea Change. Pretty ditties.

I totally got this same vibe. Actually forgot I was listening to Radiohead and was grooving out to the new "Beck" album at one point.

I'm not mad about the sound of this album. I like the arrangements, but does anyone else ever listen to an album and just find the overall quality of the sound to be muffled or something?

I had the same thing with I Love You, Honeybear - great album, great arrangements but some parts of it sound like there was something covering the mic during recording. The whole of AMSP sounds like that to me.

I've seen loads of people raving about the production on both albums so maybe it's just my taste, but AMSP sounds disappointing to my ears.

I'm not mad about the sound of this album. I like the arrangements, but does anyone else ever listen to an album and just find the overall quality of the sound to be muffled or something?

I had the same thing with I Love You Honeybear - great album, great arrangements but some parts of it sound like there was something covering the mic during recording. The whole of AMSP sounds like that to me.

I've seen loads of people raving about the production on both albums so maybe it's just my taste, but AMSP sounds disappointing to my ears.

I have to listen to it on really good speakers as WAV files as the mp3 versions from Apple Music really killing some frequencies / elements

I had the same thing with I Love You, Honeybear - great album, great arrangements but some parts of it sound like there was something covering the mic during recording. The whole of AMSP sounds like that to me.

yes, on speakers especially it sounds like that to me. on headphones it's not as apparent.

i think they probably used a lot of analog stuff during the recording to make it sound like that on purpose.

I get it with BOC too (though I like it when they do it) so that's probably it. I suppose I just prefer crisp production.

The problem is that it gets in the way of me enjoying the album.

Guest WNS000

Maybe that's my problem. On my headphones plenty of things sound great though, but AMSP is just too harsh or unclear or something. It's hard to describe.

Give examples (tracks and marks).

some of the letter "s" enunciations in present tense are so shit hot it almost goes to white noise in my car. that's probably the only thing i can think of that bothers me soundwise. that and how the 2 most upbeat tracks (ful stop and identikit) start the same way like they are underwater and it has to build to a clean sound. other than that, i have zero complaints and feel like this will be held up ther with their best work.

yes, on my hd800 and harbeth p3esr, I find this album is weirdly badly produced. overly smooth, lacking transients and clarity. I guess they wanted that but I find the sound muffled.

About the album, the first few listen was very good, but I feel that this album is less and less impressive the more I listen to it.

I still find the lamenting voice of Thom yorke lacking rhythm and im not big fan of his tonality., he always use his voice the same way, I feel he lacks sense of rhythm and musicality in how he sings. I really cannot stand thom yorke tbh, the most overrated singer.

radiohead are good musicians, sucks that they are stuck with Thom.

Archived