IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

oh there are some great laughs out there surrounding Jonny and his modular/gear fails. I applaud him for trying to integrate it live without (at least as far as I can see) click tracks for the band or prearranged cues but damn. Everyone who has tried to play live with synths and step sequenced bits knows it's a huge challenge

Best one--trouble starts 1:30 onward where Phil lags behind the robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqcP5UNocs

You can see that hi-hat hiss into his ear pretty badly on this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpSP26MgxXM

haven't watched these yet but it sounds like what happened last time I saw them in NJ. thom yelled at Jonny and eventually walked off. it was hysterical.

One time I saw them they had two false starts into exit music, before giving up and skipping the song entirely. That shit wasn't even synth related.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up too late and feel silly. I was singing the chorus to Burn The Witch and then just never ended the note e.g. buuuuuuhuuuuuhuhhhhuuhuuuuuuuuu. It made me think about Radiohead taking the Autechre elseq approach and releasing 4 hour long albums. Thom would be carrying those notes out for 6 minutes or more at a time. I won't know what the fuck this is about when I wake up.

lol!

Only time I saw them live was at Coachella 2004 and it was great. Of course that was when I was the most into them, in my late teens, so I was just eatin it up.

Going to lay off it now until the vinyl arrives. Wish I could order that Fabrique de luxe thing but sixty quid's a lot of money to me these days. Any word yet on the two bonus CD tracks?

here's the flac for the 2nd night Amsterdam show.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2r5is7b8r3e6vd1/RADIOHEAD+2016-05-21+Heineken+Music+Hall+Amsterdam+The+Netherlands+AT943+%28.flac%29.rar

the readme says to NOT convert it to mp3 but i converted it to mp3 because jezus fuck who has the harddrive space for self recorded live shows in stupid high def. can post here if wanting... or burn the witch at least so everyone can listen and be like "jezus that is really bad" at it .

Holy thanks!

Guest bitroast

i was actually relistening over that set^ last night and think the recording is now a bit so-so. it's good quality and very clear in a sense, but i think it must be the distance from the stage that makes the audio levels a bit out of wack. like, thoms voice is super loud and other instruments are quiet and it just makes everything sound a bit weak. compared to youtube clips of same songs where everything is super saturated and clipping a little maybe, it just sounds like a completely different performance and the youtube phone recorded clips end up sounding better. apologies for recommending !!! hehehe.

maybe it sounds bad because i converted it to mp3 against the readmes better judgement ??? :emotawesomepm9:

Going to lay off it now until the vinyl arrives. Wish I could order that Fabrique de luxe thing but sixty quid's a lot of money to me these days. Any word yet on the two bonus CD tracks?

Same here, right now I can't justify £60. Same as why I haven't heard new AE. Tricky but such is life.

The album is great though, only tune I'm not keen on is Desert Island Disk

Guest bitroast

the vinyl in the limited edition art edition and the standard edition is going to the best same pressing and quality. im gonna pick up the standard edition, which apparently has a shiny foil cover (ooOOOoooO) and save my money on the other one :^) can't wait. the album does sound a wee bit muddy or mid heavy or something on speakers. maybe its just how the album is mixed, but i keep losing instruments and stuff while other bits take the forefront and its sad. "where is that guitar?? it was in the front of everything else but now its hiding...". etc. i'm sure the vinyl will sound muuuuuuuuuch better :^)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.amoonshapedpool.com/livefrom/

"LIVE FROM A MOON SHAPED POOL.

A UNIQUE RADIOHEAD EVENT TAKING PLACE ON FRIDAY JUNE 17 AT RECORD STORES GLOBALLY.

FEATURES AN EXCLUSIVE DAY LONG AUDIO STREAM FROM THE BAND, COMPETITIONS, INSTRUCTIONAL ARTWORKS AND MORE."

EDIT: Some info on what it actually is:

"On June 17/18, ROASTIN' RECORDS and hundreds of other independent record stores across the globe will be part of Live From A Moon Shaped Pool..

The day will feature an exclusive audio stream of material specially curated by the band, as well as a unique broadcast of a Radiohead live performance. There will also be artwork created by Stanley Donwood for fans to take home, and additionally a free to enter prize draw for the chance to win:

1st Prize – One winner will receive a selection of unique figurines used in the making of the Radiohead video ‘Burn The Witch’ directed by Chris Hopewell

2nd Prize – Two winners will each receive a limited edition screenprint of Stanley Donwood artwork from his ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’ series.

3rd Prize – Three winners will each receive a 35mm celluloid print of the Paul Thomas Anderson directed video ‘Daydreaming’ in a film canister"

I'm thinking spectre and something else. I'd also assume a lot of photos and art will be on there as well.

I think you're right. Can't remember where I read it but someone somewhere zoomed in on the image and made it out as 'Spectre' and 'B Word' or something. I haven't get any better suggestions at present so I'll stick with that. I feel like they're flogging Spectre a bit. Wasn't overly keen on it when they upped it to Soundcloud last year and it hasn't grown on me I'm afraid.

So apparently there's some sort of secret message in the album??

Related to the jun 17 event local radio stations are running a contest to find out the message.

Related to the jun 17 event local radio stations are running a contest to find out the message.

is there a source for this or are you being Gordo?

On June 17/18, ROASTIN' RECORDS and hundreds of other independent record stores across the globe will be part of Live From A Moon Shaped Pool..

Yes! I will be heading along to this in my city. Only a 20 minute walk from work. I'm taking a half day then drinking beer once the stream/festivites are done. Should be a good day :)

Rather predictably, living in Norwich this event is a complete non-starter for me. Fuck it though, I just hope the white vinyl from Norman arrives before too long.

is there a source for this or are you being Gordo?

Well the source is a local radio station, could be that they're doing that on their own but they did claim that they were the only ones involved in the whatever thing that's happening today. Would seem strange to me that they'd make up something like that for their contest.

But gordos gonna gordo so :shrug:

Damn i've just seen on the radiohead subreddit that the event in Istanbul, Turkey was raided by a group of people because the attendees were drinking beer and it's ramadan month. According to the guy on reddit, the record store owner and the fans were beaten with pipes. I don't know if anyone here is from Istanbul? Hopefully everyone came out ok. Such a terrible thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/4ol67t/radiohead_fans_got_beaten_at_istanbul_turkey_event/

Archived