IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

anyone find this is their best album overall?

its definitely solid an album enough to be peoples favourites, for sure.

One of my least fav radiohead albums! But still good music in 2016. There are some "clunkers" for me but overall I like the vibe and there are some songs that will forever be with me. Still cant listen to True Love Waits though since it takes me DIRECTLY back to just after 9/11 and being in love w my first gf. takes me right out of the album

i think it is my favorite thing they have done since amnesiac.

I could see myself agreeing with this

Still need more time to let the initial 'omg radiohead' ware off

But yes, probably best since amnesiac

If I take out Ful Stop and Glass Eyes, it's a remarkably solid album for me. Probably too 3 for me when I skip over those

So I waited until the physical release to listen to the record and have been trying to get to know the songs... I don't really have a fully-formed opinion of it yet. With it being slower and more ballad-y than I'd like, I can say that I am sort of disappointed with it, but it's certainly not bad. It's better than The King of Limbs (which I do like), but probably only ranks above it, The Bends, and Pablo Honey.

My favorite tracks so far are Identikit, Ful Stop, and Decks Dark. The only tracks that I really don't have much desire to listen to are Burn the Witch and Daydreaming, possibly because they're the only ones I'd heard before the album.

Guest bitroast

So I waited until the physical release to listen to the record and have been trying to get to know the songs... I don't really have a fully-formed opinion of it yet. With it being slower and more ballad-y than I'd like, I can say that I am sort of disappointed with it, but it's certainly not bad. It's better than The King of Limbs (which I do like), but probably only ranks above it, The Bends, and Pablo Honey.

My favorite tracks so far are Identikit, Ful Stop, and Decks Dark. The only tracks that I really don't have much desire to listen to are Burn the Witch and Daydreaming, possibly because they're the only ones I'd heard before the album.

you see record companies??? you see!!!

you may make more money by teasing tracks months earlier but in the end you're ruining peoples enjoyment of the album.

and that's LAME, record companies..

STOP BEING LAME, RECORD COMPANIES. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it is my favorite thing they have done since amnesiac.

WIth you Bro! I always look out for your comments when it comes to Radiohead. In Rainbows grew and grew for me since we all paid a pittance (or nowt) to download the first release. Can't say the same for TKOL sadly, even though I paid shitloads for the various releases and gave it many plays in the past five years or so. I've come to love the alternate HTTT since then, but the original still feels bloated. This album, however, hit the spot almost straight away. I want my overpriced boxset thingy now.

I often forget that Radiohead are a popular band. I was in Walmart yesterday and There There was playing. I thought it was so weird until I realized that EVERYONE likes them. A Coldplay song came on right after it, which made sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I will leave this here, basically somebody tries to mess up thom:

I'm looking forward to some HQ recordings.. actually there might already be some I just haven't checked

Guest bitroast

there seem to be the odd audio pause in this. cross referenced with another version ( v=1Qs8cWPE5MA ) and it has the same gltiches ..

you may make more money by teasing tracks months earlier but in the end you're ruining peoples enjoyment of the album.

STOP BEING LAME, RECORD COMPANIES. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

their incentive is to sell the most albums as possible. any sizeable label is not going to give a shit about that.

and yes, this is a huge freaking issue - i find myself skipping over songs on albums that were released months before the actual album even years after release. the internet has ruined everything

there seem to be the odd audio pause in this. cross referenced with another version ( v=1Qs8cWPE5MA ) and it has the same gltiches ..

Might be live audio edits for losing explicit language

Adam Buxton had a couple of interviews with Jonny Greenwood for his podcast, I was quite surprised by how nice he seems as if I was him I'd be an ego-maniac with my head firmly up my arse.

their incentive is to sell the most albums as possible. any sizeable label is not going to give a shit about that.

and yes, this is a huge freaking issue - i find myself skipping over songs on albums that were released months before the actual album even years after release. the internet has ruined everything

Your kinda ruining it for your self tho! I get what you mean but for that reason I listened to burn the witch and daydreaming just once each before the album release.. you just need more will power! :)

Guest bitroast

from this day on, i will never listen to anything ever again.

*one hand on chest, one hand in air*

Archived