IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

thx bitroast, I had googled it and apparently didn't try hard enough.

Forgot to mention I posted Give up the Ghost not because it was live, but that someone was basically trying to mess it up. Was kinda funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the vids i saw of the shrine performance were surprisingly good. was wondering if thom's voice still held up but he hit all the notes on let down. which is a song i never thought they'd get right live, the old ok computer tour version was so limp, now it sounds really fleshed out. the new keyboard on everything in its right place is cool too.

kind of coming around on this album. burn the witch, decks dark, glass eyes, present tense (still not keen on the arrangement) and tinker tailor (my fave) are the highlights. really dislike true love waits and the numbers, probably take or leave ful stop. i'd rank this with amnesiac and ok computer but still way below kid a. but not bad, the best thing they've done in fifteen years.

WOW, I don't know if I could ever top last night's show; It had such an intimate vibe considering the small size of the venue, and hearing these tracks which have soundtracked stages of my life is such a wonderful thing! The Moon Shaped Poo tracks translated live very well for the most part, especially Ful Stop which is a raw paroxysm of rage when they perform it with two drummers (Phil & Clive). Daydreaming is definitely more of a studio track but I admire them for giving it a try live, deceptively simple and a very tough one to nail I'm sure.

posted earlier but got taken down... if it happens again, search internet/youtube for " Radiohead Lollapalooza 2016 " 

i reckon that recording sounds a whole lot nicer ... the way its mixed and everything ... :^) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26pSuvbHdWE

Live Everything in Its Right Place is out of control lush; the sounds coming out of that Prophet '08!

• 3 weeks later...

The vocalist sounds bad in that particular recording, though so is the mixing. If you check out newer stuff though he is better. I'm actually kinda impressed, i've never seen someone that close to thom yorke. It's like he nails it ( in other vids), but it sounds like thom on a below average day, but it sounds like him.

Guest bitroast

im checking their other vids and ye youre mostly right there i reckon. 

they get a lot of stuff more or less on point. but it's all just sliiiightly off haha. 

but it's all just sliiiightly off haha

yup key phrase. I've noticed, that when things are slightly off continuously, they can totally ruin something. It's like the people know what they need to do, but can't quite get it. I'm not saying that about that band, but things in general. Anything really.

yeah the vocalist sounds like yorke, i'll give them that. i cringe at radiohead cover vids, there's always a long haired dude cradling either a theremin or chugging his guitar strings in a blatant jonny imitation, makes me quiver with embarrassment. 

Archived