IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

yeah it wasn't the greatest distribution model. didn't help that i'd grown really tired of blips and bloops thom yammering over skitter beats so i dismissed that album outright. it's pretty concise and direct though, i think it's a bit better than the eraser. 

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think it's plodding and terrible apart from Decks Dark & Present Tense. Retrograde step.

agree - the songs themselves might be ok, maybe it's the production but either way IT MAKES ME THINK OF NOTHING meanwhile Bloom from king of limbs instantly takes me to some wack-ass psychedelic underwater coral reef world

plodding is a good word too. Some of the tracks literally feel like they're on a track, which i understand with tekno but how the feck do you even make actual rock music sound like that. It's almost a feat if it weren't so icky to me

Guest bitroast

"September". i checked the atease forums recently (ugh) to check and everyone over there is still guessing and in the dark. i'm looking forward to that bonus track coming out tho (assuming the other track is Spectre) 

Guest bitroast

honestly, considered the last 3 albums have had big ideas, morning m'lord and true love waits ... it's not that far fetched for lift to come out ... 

i never really liked Lift all that much ... but i did get stuck in a lift one time so at least if it did come out i'd be able to relate to it in a "hey, i also got stuck in a lift" kind of way. i ended up just sitting on the ground and reading masters of doom on my iphone for half an hour. 

i think they got lift out of their system with worrywort and separator. it is a "bogshite b side" as ed put it. still want to hear it but if it's the elevator muzak version they were playing in 2002 then no thanks. maybe the other track is called "n word". can only hope.

Chiming in to say (as predicted by bit) that I love True Love Waits and you're all off yer gourds yo.

Which one is Lift? Not been up on my Radiohead Lore since like 2004.

Did that Big Boots track on Meeting People is Easy ever come out?

This has such a great introspective vibe suitable to autumn. But the last song is utter bullshit.

lol

i like the rendition of true love waits but kind of agreeing that it doesn't really fit at the end of the album.

i mean, maybe it does .. but i personally tend to always end up stopping the album just after track 10 wraps up cos i can't be bothered listening to sad piano drawn out sad heart break song. feels good. 

of course, now that we have 2-3 people saying they don't like the track, it's essentially an open invitation for ~2-3+ people to chime in and say they think it's a great closing track. in which case, they're probably right too. whatever. it's fine. 

nice post

glad to see i'm not the only one enjoying this album:^)

i think it's a great closing track! (i really do :)

yesss. a rave track is exactly what this album needed tbh :^) 

im pretty sure it said spectre and n'wind in their mock up.

and yes, according to http://www.amoonshapedpool.com it ships last week of sept

im just hoping the 2nd bonus track is a long jam. it almost has to be if the other track is spectre, which will have been available for almost 10 months.

I just really hope that one of the two bonus tracks isn't spectre

Not that I hate spectre, but I will feel very disappointed with a "deluxe" version that really only has one song I haven't heard

I'm 98% sure I'm going to be dissapointing though

I saw the updated release info the other day. I'm assuming Spectre will be on it, I'm afraid that track hasn't grown on me at all. I'm looking forward to getting it but ultimately it could well be an anticlimax seeing how far it is behind the main release. It seems they put a hell of a lot more effort more effort into the In Rainbows discbox, which I'm sure only cost forty quid at the time. On the bright side though, I haven't got AMSP on CD or black vinyl.

Agree with what one someone else said about this working better as an Autumnal album, Enjoyed this when it first come out but then hadnt listened to it that much (though that was maybe also to do with Elseq coming out just after!)

Anyway have really got back into this album this week, sounding gorgeous now the nights are drawing in

Guest bitroast

...How was that not on the album?! Why are Radiohead b-sides so GOOD?!!

heh yeh. spectre I can understand a bit more cos of how stand offish and absolute the whole thing sounds. maybe as an opening track but nah whatever .. it makes sense it didn't make the cut.

this track is tad harder to understand. couldve fit in before or after ful stop for example??? maybe????

maybe not ??? who knows.

neither way. rad track. glad the wait paid off for something cool.

Archived