Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

was it written by an ai? how could they pump out so much nonsense so quickly?

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after i saw them live for the moon shaped ass tour, it was striking how boring the new material was. night and day compared to the old stuff, it really stuck out like a sore thumb. its not terrib

Daydreaming always reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmO7TdQfcKs

anyone heard if they’re ever gonna finish this? these demos they put out are okay at times but still waiting on the actual album to pass judgment.     

Really enjoyed it. It's definitely one of their calmer songs. I'm not sure why it's a single when Identikit would have made a better single. Or perhaps Identikit isn't even on the album. Identikit better be on the damn album.

so is it time for WATMM to start calling anthnony flatano scores? :3

maybe burn the witch isn't on the album?

There's a good chance of that since they're selling the single currently. This totally sounds like it could be the first song on an album though so... it remains to be seen.

Btw I really like the video. I had a hard time at first because I really wanted to pay attention to both the video and the audio, but after watching it a few times I kinda understand it. I like it, the representative/mayor/whatever of the town is showing that guy the 'negative' side of things because they know they're going to kill him. I actually laughed at the end. Not sure what that means about me.

Edited by Brisbot

There was some weird stuff going on in the low mid EQ on that new song, at least through my studio speakers. I liked the vibe of the song, not floored by the composition... but as mentioned, Radiohead are an album band, and one of the most consistently interesting of anyone out there. So I'm exai.

There was some weird stuff going on in the low mid EQ on that new song, at least through my studio speakers. I liked the vibe of the song, not floored by the composition... but as mentioned, Radiohead are an album band, and one of the most consistently interesting of anyone out there. So I'm exai.

I didn't hear anything weird. During the chorus though, I'm not a big fan of that mono-fied reverb Thom's taking a liking too lately. He uses it in this track too:

Actually I like it better here, it feels like too much is going on in Burn the Witch during the chorus... I'm not entirely sure why.

Great song! Immediately pretty but sinister too. Looking forward to the album in full.

"Burn The Witch" is great, love the tense strings and the paranoid lyrics are classic Radiohead. I wish the end section went on a bit longer though, the way the strings start to get noisy and screecher before it cuts out is pretty cool.

Massively disappointed. Really not what i was hoping for, think it's a pretty boring track. Still looking forward to the album but this sound does nothing for me :(

Massively disappointed. Really not what i was hoping for, think it's a pretty boring track. Still looking forward to the album but this sound does nothing for me :(

for me radiohead is always about whole concept LPs. 1 or 2 songs never really tell the story of the LP that itself takes a while to get into

first time I only made it about 30 seconds in before I got bored, skipped through it. meh. just watched it again, but more for the video which was cool, was paying more attention to that than the song.

for me radiohead is always about whole concept LPs. 1 or 2 songs never really tell the story of the LP that itself takes a while to get into

Oh yeah totally, there's no way i can write off the album just from this track. It's just that the general sound of this one is not anything that interests me at all. I still have faith though!

Guest bitroast

song has def gotten better after initial listens.

reminds me of what thomyorke has been doing alot of recently .. like tomorrows modern boxes or default. similar rythms with synth lines or whatever replaced with the orchestra, with thoms loose vocals fitted around that rhythm.

anyhow. i dig it a lot. hope the single goinv up for sale + xl associations + budget on video etc etc doesnt mean theres now a long wait again before album drops !!

Edited by bitroast
Guest bitroast

yeah. im just really hoping this album is a means for the band to utilize everything j greenwood has learnt with all the scores and orchestra work he's been doing and explore it in the realms of what the band can do. this track is giving a taste of that, at least :)

I love the tune. I think people's expectations get inflated to the point where almost nothing would suffice. (Anyone remember the initial reactions to Geogaddy, for instance?)

I think initially many people will be disappointed by the album no matter what, but in 6 months it will get a more a sober reevaluation (as always seems to happen).

It's like a crap There There, which it really reminds me of.

Needs another 2 mins and a funky breakdown.

Said the exact same thing to a friend on FB who was gushing over it (because strings omg!)

Like There There but no build and nothing really happens.

Guest bitroast

i dont hear there there at all except for the video being done by the same people.

you guys are so superficial

bit = true radiohead fan CONFIRMED

there there? wat?

i hear there will be blood and tomorrows modern boxes

:shrug:

but what i really hear is new radiohead. and i love it.

Guest bitroast

i would def say default is the closest track it reminds me of ... i can picture it in my head perfectly, the Default bassline + Burn the witch vocals.