IGNORED

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

misc

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

aw man. damn. new track is niiiiiiiiiiiice.

shit.

daydreaming lyric got me putting on the burial four tet collab :music:

Pretty decent tracks. Nothing that's sending shivers down my spine or anything, but still sounding really good. Actually prefer Burn the Witch a little more than this newer one. May be a visual thing, however. I enjoyed the OG stop motion animation and really have no desire to see a haggard ass Thom Yorke walking around all distraught in a jean jacket.

To those who don't think the house is well designed room to room, that's not a British house that's in LA.

oh no wonder, buncha dern libs out there.

I do not initially like it. Bored at first listen. I give it more tries.

For some reason I always remember your opinions about albums (because of the avatar) and you usually don't like something... heh. or maybe I just remember your negative opinions?

Guest Chesney

I liked it, it has alot of chords changes, note choices, timbres akin to some older Jaga Jazzist.

I'm a huge fan of PTA but video is distracting. Music is phenomenal. Love the variety of textures in this one. That synth at 3:15. Jonny's orchestration used sparely and to great effect.

thom's strolling reminds me of an endless stroll i had within the cancer ward of a public hospital until i found the man i knew would never see me again.

thom's strolling reminds me of an endless stroll i had

...which is called "my life". Yes :-| Somewhat. In a way. In a general kind of way. Maybe. I don't know. Don't know for sure. Sometimes life goes in straight broken lines as that other thing I forgot the name of. Which I think I have seen the other day.

My avatar pic: related

Pretty sure he said he liked Burn the Witch earlier in the thread!

yeah I know. I'm just used to seeing him not liking stuff. Not judging, I just felt like pointing it out this morning for no reason.

Judging by the arrangement, at least two band members are sitting at the train station waiting for a text from Thom

the video is him searching for his phone

Pretty sure he said he liked Burn the Witch earlier in the thread!

yeah I know. I'm just used to seeing him not liking stuff. Not judging, I just felt like pointing it out this morning for no reason.

Not worth pointing anything out. Sometimes I write if I do not like songs (Daydreaming is a grower meanwhile for me) and sometimes I sound like a screaming fanboy with totally over-the-top enthusiasm. E.g. I often praise Thom in general, or Dilankex Ae rmx, or Syptixed etc... So, go along, nothing to see here. :-)

I indeed don't like RDJs stuff post Windowlicker (mostly) and like to write this down, that's probably what people here... recognize. Many may think "Burn the witch"... ;-)

Guest bitroast

snog reminds me of um.. well.. kind of of motion picture soundtrack. but also of jonny greenwoods remix of thoms solo Rats nest track. real digging the 2 tracks now :^)

"burn the witch" didn't do much to me, it was fine and somewhat original, but nothing special. but daydreaming song+video combo is really giving me some true radiohead feels i haven't had since kid a i think. can't get enough of that track, probably heard it 10 times already.

Gents I always approach the internet with dank lenses. Ready for irony and humor at each step but this Daydreaming track + video has stopped me in my tracks. Yesterday, I must have watched it 3 or 4 times on repeat. It made my heart sink into my gut for the rest of the day and I've been obsessed all day about it today. Everyone is going to color their own impression onto the amorphous melancholy Thom does so well but it reminded me so much of the end of a relationship and the subsequent attempt to attach to a new "tribe" since yours got disbanded. You open so many doors into all these parallel lives and while you're not locked out, you can't make anywhere feel like "home" either. PTA made it a point to make all the faces either indistinct or only briefly in focus. That weird and polite smile he does is perfect and unsettling. It's that smile you do when you don't belong but you'd like to somehow. Yes, it's acting and all but, in under 7 minutes, I don't know that I've ever been punched in the feels like that by a motion picture product. It almost doesn't matter if the album sucks or not because they knocked it out of the fucking park with this video.

Yeah... I have been thinking about it alot. It's very powerful to say the least!

Archived