IGNORED

External MIDI effects and what not?

nerver

hey hey all. random question. does anyone make any sort of midi filter or effects that are stand alone, or not ran through a computer? like any arpeggios or anything? or any sort of chord filtering or stuff like that? im pretty satisfied with anything software based i have messed with in these regards, but i am on the hunt for something small and stand alone that is not a laptop with a interface, to integrate into my all hardware live setup. i did some searching, but i really could not find anything. i figure if anyone knows, its you rad peeps here :)

Guest bitroast

lemur i guess requires a computer to connect to the hardware (i think?) but is pretty good at doing this stuff, if you have ipad for example. keep computer on in background and bring ipad to the gear and you can build the sequencers/midi effects/etc directly on the ipad using the app.

Funny, I am working on something like this now because I couldn't find anything. It's proving to be a lot more work than I anticipated though. Anyway, I am planning on ultimately running this thing off a Raspberry Pi and primarily controlling it via a Novation LaunchPad Mini.

I guess that is still run through a "computer" but in my case (and I'm guessing in yours too) the goal is to have something "headless" that doesn't require you to stare at a screen to set things up.

the midigal looks like it has potential. i could make one, and have a fiarly small housing for it in my pedalboard case. will investigate.

those old akais look fun. the octave up and down has potential. i do a lot of running things into a lot of hardware synths at once. octaves could fill shit out nicely. will also investigate.

i definitely want something headless. i would probably just do this all with software if i could get my old crappy macbook to run ableton and my midisport 2x2 and my launchpad with the fucking lid closed, but i digress....

thanks for the input so far all!

Archived