C3. Voice Crack
D1. Collapse Sonata
D2. Black Phase
Out 8/4/2016
More info, preorder links, tour dates: http://4ad.com/news/669

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Streams takes its cues from the avant-classical orchestration and extreme electronic processing of his previous full-length, 2013’s Virgins, but shaped into more melancholic, ultraviolet hues. Inspired by notions of 15th century choral scores (particularly those by Josquin des Prez), transposed to an artificial intelligence-era language of digital resonance and bright synths, the album was assembled gradually, with layers of studio-tracked keyboards, choir and woodwinds being woven into the mix, then molded and disfigured through complex programming. Like hearing some ancient strain of sacred music corrupted by encryption, Hecker admits to thinking about ideas like “liturgical aesthestics after Yeezus” and the “transcendental voice in the age of auto-tune,” during its creation.

The title of Hecker’s new work can be interpreted any number of ways – erotic, technological, spiritual – although his own conception is appropriately vast, calling it “a riff on the ubiquity and nihilism of streaming of all forms of life.” Now we stream more than we love. Nowadays music too frequently resembles a product, or white noise. With a career spanning fifteen years, Tim Hecker belongs to a select camp actively resisting this undertow, this reduction in significance.

who fucking writes this shit

Yessss

Not sure what to make of that description though, kind of cringy

Hecker admits to thinking about ideas like “liturgical aesthestics after Yeezus” and the “transcendental voice in the age of auto-tune,” during its creation.

I'd say Yeezus is less "liturgical aesthestics" (Think he means "aesthetics") and more "Kanye West's ego". Or maybe that's, like, the point, yeah?

Either way, corrupted sacred music and digitally warped orchestras sounds lush. Reminds me a tad of what Lauren Bousfield/Nero's Day at Disneyland was going for

Lol you're right though mcbpete. The description is ridiculous, but if it's anything close to reality then the album should be interesting. Virgins was one of my favorites from a couple years ago, so I'm definitely going to pay attention... though the Kanye reference makes me cringe.

sent using magic space waves

The worst Hecker returns

lol this

but jesus fucking christ i hate everything some times. ok so he listened to some josquin and he was like "haha wait this is actually cooL??!!?" welcome to the fucking 15th century asshole we've known this for years....

I listen to tim hecker for ambient music I listen to josquin for liturgical choral music, please don't mix them derp derp derp!!!

The worst Hecker returns

:cisfor:

Love Streams takes its cues from the avant-classical orchestration and extreme electronic processing of his previous full-length, 2013’s Virgins, but shaped into more melancholic, ultraviolet hues. Inspired by notions of 15th century choral scores (particularly those by Josquin des Prez), transposed to an artificial intelligence-era language of digital resonance and bright synths, the album was assembled gradually, with layers of studio-tracked keyboards, choir and woodwinds being woven into the mix, then molded and disfigured through complex programming. Like hearing some ancient strain of sacred music corrupted by encryption, Hecker admits to thinking about ideas like “liturgical aesthestics after Yeezus” and the “transcendental voice in the age of auto-tune,” during its creation.

The title of Hecker’s new work can be interpreted any number of ways – erotic, technological, spiritual – although his own conception is appropriately vast, calling it “a riff on the ubiquity and nihilism of streaming of all forms of life.” Now we stream more than we love. Nowadays music too frequently resembles a product, or white noise. With a career spanning fifteen years, Tim Hecker belongs to a select camp actively resisting this undertow, this reduction in significance.

who fucking writes this shit

a Tim Hecker fan?

:emotawesomepm9:

Looking forward to hearing this, Virgins made me interested again after my favorite, Harmony in Ultraviolet. And yeah, that cover is p. cool

As for the set of accompanying paragraphs, any one of us at age 17 could have dredged up a review like this for an album we liked. That particular cringe will bare nothing on the listening experience.

photo-16664.jpeg?_r=1444545145

i used to be so into this guy but after a while it all started to sound a bit samey, hoping this'll mix things up a bit

you know when you throw a mogwai track into a dsp mangler set to 'mild'? Well that will be every track on the new Tim Hecker album.

just like the last one

and the one before that...

Guest bitroast

i used to be so into this guy but after a while it all started to sound a bit samey, hoping this'll mix things up a bit

you know when you throw a mogwai track into a dsp mangler set to 'mild'? Well that will be every track on the new Tim Hecker album.

just like the last one

and the one before that...

was pretty into tim hecker's music til i saw him live and ugh. this exactly. emotional climax during first 5 minutes and 60 additional minutes of plateaux.

again, still a keen fan of his studio material so i will check this out. the description hints at something less FULL EXTREME : >

Archived