IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Love Streams

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a fucking amazing album. Screw anyone hating. This is beautiful. So fucking detailed, so intricate, so organic but also electronic. It has obvious motifs from old albums mixed with subtle ones and it's fucking beautiful.

this forum needs an Accepting Different Opinions 101 course

Aye - different viewpoints are an an affront on either the person that has them nor the subject they're directed to. It's a discussion forum yo, not a consensus forum!

It is a grower.

But I must admit the lack of (noticeable) granulated, glitchy samples sounds !Tim Hecker. (! = not, just in case), but that doesn't mean it is not good. I like it, yeah.

^ yeah that's mainly the problem I have with him.

He's rabidly adored by so many and yet even the good albums (ie ones that I've enjoyed: virgins and this one) sound like any number of underground electronic avant/noise jam band's stuff. And they will usually toss something like this out every few weeks/months.

With that stuff a lot of the time you'll listen once or twice and then move on and I do exactly the same thing with Hecker's albums.

recommend me more stuff like that please

Try some Yellow Swans for starters

Bear in mind I'm talking about stuff that maybe has a more caustic texture/aesthetic though.

My problem with a lot of Tim Henman is it emotes so damn hard at you. It's like meeting someone in a pub and 10 minutes later he's telling you about his divorce and subsequent nervous breakdown while you try to find a polite way to escape.

He's rabidly adored by so many and yet even the good albums (ie ones that I've enjoyed: virgins and this one) sound like any number of underground electronic avant/noise jam band's stuff. And they will usually toss something like this out every few weeks/months.

With that stuff a lot of the time you'll listen once or twice and then move on and I do exactly the same thing with Hecker's albums.

obviously its a troll comment so dont feed him

Bear in mind I'm talking about stuff that maybe has a more caustic texture/aesthetic though.

My problem with a lot of Tim Henman is it emotes so damn hard at you. It's like meeting someone in a pub and 10 minutes later he's telling you about his divorce and subsequent nervous breakdown while you try to find a polite way to escape.

Yeah, I love Yellow Swans. Thanks. If you know even more stuff like that (like YS, Jefre Cantu-Ledesa, Zoviet France, etc.) I'm all ears!

obviously its a troll comment so dont feed him

Are you talking to me?

I've just listened to Yellow Swans-Going Places and Lovesliescrushing-CRWTH. I can understand the comparison, but to me it's like listening to a random acid knob twiddler when what I want is more analord. Yeah, it's kinda the same sound, but still not the same.

stop thinking

start loving

I've just listened to Yellow Swans-Going Places and Lovesliescrushing-CRWTH. I can understand the comparison, but to me it's like listening to a random acid knob twiddler when what I want is more analord. Yeah, it's kinda the same sound, but still not the same.

CRWTH is not representative of llc, it's quite a one off record for them fyi.

but yeah they got started in like 1990 and while no they're not "the same" one can surely see a heritage here. in fact the previously mentioned cantu-ledesma record "love is a stream" is something of a tribute to llc.

if you listen to their first couple of records and don't see a strong comparison and precursor to Tim Heidecker than wtf bro

this choice is perplexing to me. either tim has been overthinking a bit, or the write-block; or he is trying to create the starting point for new themes? ( or i am a ninny, which i very often am). either way, i have yet to understand this album well - or it is not to my liking. i'm leaning toward the second choice, maybe :)

i love you still tim :)

Archived